Sea Bass w/ Pineapple-Habanero Glaze

Wildfires are a big issue here in AZ at this time of year, so many of us are forced to use cookers that do not produce sparks.  That basically rules out charcoal fires.  Some use their gassers.  I have found a new grill to use at this time of year--a Ninja 7-in-1 indoor grill.  It is a "smart" grill, and comes with a probe to set target internal temperature.  It produces meaty fish like sea bass, salmon, halibut and swordfish to near perfection every time.  I love this grill for fish, shrimp, and scallop cooks as an alternative to my kamados w/ GrillGrates.

This cook is of two 9-10 oz. sea bass filets from Costco.  Lightly salted about 1/2 hour before cooking, then rubbed with a little avocado oil and lightly sprinkled with smoked paprika.  Cooked to a preset IT of 105*, glazed with Roasted Pineapple-Habanero sauce about 3/4 of the way through, then topped with the glaze while resting for about 2 minutes to come to a final serving temperature of 110* They were delicious; I think better than any fish entre I've had in expensive seafood restaurants.

Here are some photos.  Thanks for Looking and Happy Cooking.

sb1.jpg

sb2.jpg

sb3.jpg

sb4.jpg

sb6.jpg

sb5.jpg

6 hours ago, Jack. said:

They were delicious; I think better than any fish entre I've had in expensive seafood restaurants.

Looks fantastic and probably tasted even better! I, too, have become less and less enamored with restaurants. Yes, I enjoy being served, and especially avoiding cleanup duty, but the food never seems to be on par with what we can do on our own at a fraction of the cost. I’d rather spend the money on high-quality, fresh food, prepare it exactly how we like it, and embrace the entire process.

Keep the seafood cooks coming!

Very nice cook Jack, we are not on official restriction yet but could be any day.  But we have the Crooks fire just 10 or 15 mile south of town, at 2,000 acres and only 5% contained due to the fact it is in extremely rough country and there are seasonal high winds. Everyone in town is pretty nervous and we have a ton of fire units and hot shots camping out in parks etc while they rest from serving on the fire line,  What makes gas grills acceptable is that you can shut them off instantly  with a turn of a  knob. Unlike waiting for an ash producing fire to die down. As you know, my Egg sits pretty much idle most of the summer at least until the monsoons start. Your Ninja grill looks amazing. Did you pick it up at a local store or online. 

4 hours ago, jark87 said:

Looks fantastic and probably tasted even better! I, too, have become less and less enamored with restaurants. Yes, I enjoy being served, and especially avoiding cleanup duty, but the food never seems to be on par with what we can do on our own at a fraction of the cost. I’d rather spend the money on high-quality, fresh food, prepare it exactly how we like it, and embrace the entire process.

Keep the seafood cooks coming!

Thank you, @jark87Even before the pandemic, we rarely ate at expensive restaurants.  After discovering the Weber kettle 50+ years ago, and having cooked around in a couple of good restaurants when I was young, I learned that I could produce food that tasted just as good and at a fraction of the cost.  Discovering the kamado and its versatility was a total game changer.

Fish has become such a large part of my diet, that these days I struggle to stay creative.  Sauces and salsas are my salvation.:)

3 hours ago, keeperovdeflame said:

Very nice cook Jack, we are not on official restriction yet but could be any day.  But we have the Crooks fire just 10 or 15 mile south of town, at 2,000 acres and only 5% contained due to the fact it is in extremely rough country and there are seasonal high winds. Everyone in town is pretty nervous and we have a ton of fire units and hot shots camping out in parks etc while they rest from serving on the fire line,  What makes gas grills acceptable is that you can shut them off instantly  with a turn of a  knob. Unlike waiting for an ash producing fire to die down. As you know, my Egg sits pretty much idle most of the summer at least until the monsoons start. Your Ninja grill looks amazing. Did you pick it up at a local store or online. 

Many thanks, Keeper.  We're not on a county-wide restriction here, but many communities come together on a voluntary basis to try to prevent what now seems to be a yearly occurrence.  So, the Primo and the Joe Jr. are cold for awhile, and since I don't own a gasser, my little Ninja is really getting a workout.

I have become a big fan of this Ninja grill.  I had the XL 6-in-1 with the GrillGrate insert and when it became available, I bought the 7-in-1 XL Pro.  They are remarkably versatile cookers and between the air fryer function  which my wife loves, and the grill which is my new go-to for fish, shrimp, scallops and chicken, the Ninjas get used 4-5 times a week.

I got both of mine @ Kohl's using their 30% off coupon.  I've also seen them @ BB&B with a 20% coupon, and on Amazon on special promotion. IMO they are well worth the $$.