Modified Weber..

A.O.

So recently I bought a basic Weber kettle grill for quick cooks and extra room if I'm running out of cooking space on my Kamado Joe. Just modified it yesterday with a hinge on the lid so I can open it up and have the lid just stand there like on my KJ! The little hook thing under the lid just doesn't work that well and having to find a place to set that lid is always a pain, so I fixed it!

IMG_7272.thumb.JPG.b51ce1cc1ecff78893815dbd2a307437.JPG

YAY!

Well done @A.O.! My Kettle has a half-circle ring on 1 side than holds the lid pretty well. Even though I don’t use mine very often any longer, I just can’t see myself ever getting rid of it. I’ve had some great cooks and some horrible cooks on that thing. My best brisket ever was cooked on the Kettle with the SnS and the cook that prompted my KJ purchase was a horribly dry Thanksgiving turkey that was quickly transformed into turkey salad. Of course, I took credit for the brisket and blamed the Kettle for the turkey.