Non stop adds!!!

A.O.

4 hours ago, John Setzler said:

this site is going to shut down in short order anyway BECAUSE of how much it costs me to keep it running.... most likely at the end of this year, so enjoy it for free (and free of ads if you wish) while you still can...

Are you the owner of „kamadoguru.com“?

5 hours ago, John Setzler said:

Why not let the ads display?  they aren't obtrusive.  there are NO pop up ads on this site.   I know i'm talking to a brick wall on this subject... never mind me... this site is going to shut down in short order anyway BECAUSE of how much it costs me to keep it running.... most likely at the end of this year, so enjoy it for free (and free of ads if you wish) while you still can...

In my opinion they are obtrusive and they cover content on the top and bottom of the page!

6 hours ago, John Setzler said:

this site is going to shut down in short order anyway

Boo! Very sorry to hear that, John. I only found this site a year ago, shortly after getting my KJ. There’s no way I’d be enjoying it so much had I not found the gurus! Regardless of what you do with the site, know that you’ve helped me and many others, I’m sure.

2 hours ago, A.O. said:

In my opinion they are obtrusive and they cover content on the top and bottom of the page!

Do you like the site to be  free...or free of ads?  A few ads to keep this site running is no prob at all.  In the past I have been more than happy to donate to the cause and would be more than willing to do so again as I am well aware that is an expense as well as a lotta effort to keep this place up and running.  You want HBO...gotta pay, want ABC...gonna be ads.

46 minutes ago, jark87 said:

And the ads don’t bother me in the least. They’re well-placed and I’ve even clicked through a 

46 minutes ago, jark87 said:

And the ads don’t bother me in the least. They’re well-placed and I’ve even clicked through 

and if there is ads I don’t care

dont make no difference to me

and if there is ads I don’t care

dont make no difference to me

-Doobie brothers second cousin

16 hours ago, Walter_Mann said:

Are you the owner of „kamadoguru.com“?

Yes, he is.

15 hours ago, prowe said:

Do you like the site to be  free...or free of ads?  A few ads to keep this site running is no prob at all.  In the past I have been more than happy to donate to the cause and would be more than willing to do so again as I am well aware that is an expense as well as a lotta effort to keep this place up and running.  You want HBO...gotta pay, want ABC...gonna be ads.

Yeah, I dont have HBO and rarely watch ABC just for the reasons you mention, but that's me. If there is something on ABC I want to watch I record it so I can watch later and zip through the commercials.:-D

57 minutes ago, A.O. said:

Yeah, I dont have HBO and rarely watch ABC just for the reasons you mention, but that's me. If there is something on ABC I want to watch I record it so I can watch later and zip through the commercials.:-D

And yet, here you are...

43 minutes ago, prowe said:

And yet, here you are...

Yep, and about half the time just x-ing out ads!

On 4/30/2022 at 10:38 AM, John Setzler said:

Why not let the ads display?  they aren't obtrusive.  there are NO pop up ads on this site.   I know i'm talking to a brick wall on this subject... never mind me... this site is going to shut down in short order anyway BECAUSE of how much it costs me to keep it running.... most likely at the end of this year, so enjoy it for free (and free of ads if you wish) while you still can...

John, I really hope that you don't have to shut down the site! I have learned so much about Kamado cooking from you and the other Gurus on this site!  Hey I don't even know if I would have been able to use my Akorn without all the mods and tricks I found here. I have noticed a few more ads than in the past, but I consider it a small price to pay for all the information available here. A lot of people want something for free regardless of how much work someone else puts into it.

Don’t get to get on here as often as I would like to. However, I have learned  SO much on here. It has truly made my kamado cooking experience so much better!! I really appreciate all you do @John Setzler!! Having ads is a small price to pay for all the amazing content!!

Thank you!!

On 4/30/2022 at 3:35 PM, John Setzler said:

There have always been google ads on this website.  Maybe you were using a browser that blocked them or something.  Those who contributed money when I was taking donations to help pay for the price of keeping this site running were put into a group that doesn't have ads displayed.  

Ads display at the top, bottom and after the first post in threads.  It's part of how I can afford to give you this website without having to ask you for money.

John, I for one would be happy to pay $20 a year if it helps. No ads for contributors, ads for freeloaders. Seems fair to me