Jump to content

Non stop adds!!!


A.O.
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 5/1/2022 at 11:09 AM, A.O. said:

Yep, and about half the time just x-ing out ads!

 

if you are having to 'x out adds' then somethign is wrong on YOUR end.  There are ZERO pop up ads being displayed by google on this website.  I can guarantee you that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, John Setzler said:

 

They don't cover anything.

They do on my computer, at least on the bottom of the page, I either have to x them out or adjust the page up to see the bottom.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, John Setzler said:

 

if you are having to 'x out adds' then somethign is wrong on YOUR end.  There are ZERO pop up ads being displayed by google on this website.  I can guarantee you that.

They dont actually "pop up" but they slide up from the bottom or down from the top.

And I too would be willing to pay a small annual fee to keep you here and get rid of the ads.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, A.O. said:

They do on my computer, at least on the bottom of the page, I either have to x them out or adjust the page up to see the bottom.

 

what kind of computer and browser are you using?  I don't have this issue on my pc.  I can see where it could possibly happen on a phone or maybe on a tablet but not on a pc.  these ads are all static ads.  they don't float or move in any way.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, A.O. said:

They dont actually "pop up" but they slide up from the bottom or down from the top.

And I too would be willing to pay a small annual fee to keep you here and get rid of the ads.

 

I am not gonna go to that model again.  I did it for a while and when I do it, I get a few donations but they are never enough to come close to covering the costs.  I am not gonna keep this site going.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/3/2022 at 9:46 AM, A.O. said:

They dont actually "pop up" but they slide up from the bottom or down from the top.

And I too would be willing to pay a small annual fee to keep you here and get rid of the ads.

Microsoft edge

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, John Setzler said:

 

I am not gonna go to that model again.  I did it for a while and when I do it, I get a few donations but they are never enough to come close to covering the costs.  I am not gonna keep this site going.

Well that's too bad, nice place you have here.

I had a forum a while back for about 5 years, it cost me all of $14 a year to run, no one ever gave me a penny.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Right now I can not see the top inch and a half of the page due to an ad that dropped down..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, A.O. said:

Right now I can not see the top inch and a half of the page due to an ad that dropped down..

 

I think I found something in google adsense that has been automatically applied to this site.  I have tweaked that setting and we'll see if it corrects the problem of that persistent ad that you have to clear at the bottom of the page.  I finally was able to get it to show up on my browser on my PC.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, A.O. said:

Well that's too bad, nice place you have here.

I had a forum a while back for about 5 years, it cost me all of $14 a year to run, no one ever gave me a penny.

 

I ran this site on the cheap as long as I could but the size of the database here has ultimately required a much more expensive hosting service and the software I'm using here is not free either.  I am spending in the realm of $125/month to keep this site online.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, John Setzler said:

 

I ran this site on the cheap as long as I could but the size of the database here has ultimately required a much more expensive hosting service and the software I'm using here is not free either.  I am spending in the realm of $125/month to keep this site online.

 

Yeowza!! that's a bunch!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, John Setzler said:

 

I think I found something in google adsense that has been automatically applied to this site.  I have tweaked that setting and we'll see if it corrects the problem of that persistent ad that you have to clear at the bottom of the page.  I finally was able to get it to show up on my browser on my PC.  

Much better, thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pi-Hole is the ultimate discreet ad blocker and protects every device on your network. It is free and ideally runs on a Raspberry Pi (good luck with buying one of those at the moment!) although it will also run in a Docker (Linux) container on your PC. It does not affect the revenue John may get from the ads as they are blocked at the DNS (domain namer server) level web sites do not know they are being blocked.

 

Pi-Hole on RPi: https://pi-hole.net/

Pi-Hole for Docker: https://www.andrewdenty.com/blog/2020/01/25/installing-pi-hole-on-windows-10.html

 

Lots of easy to follow guides on the web.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Heuer said:

Pi-Hole is the ultimate discreet ad blocker and protects every device on your network. It is free and ideally runs on a Raspberry Pi (good luck with buying one of those at the moment!) although it will also run in a Docker (Linux) container on your PC. It does not affect the revenue John may get from the ads as they are blocked at the DNS (domain namer server) level web sites do not know they are being blocked.

 

Pi-Hole on RPi: https://pi-hole.net/

Pi-Hole for Docker: https://www.andrewdenty.com/blog/2020/01/25/installing-pi-hole-on-windows-10.html

 

Lots of easy to follow guides on the web.

Thanks, I'll look into it... again I am pretty computer stupid!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

After further review, I put the ads back the way they were.  I had a negative result in ad revenue from this site where I should have had in increase due to increased site traffic as warmer weather months roll in.  I apologize if the ads are an inconvenience to you but they are a NECESSITY if you want to have this site available to you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...