Remove a large piece of meat after you've bbq it? What tool/LG utensil do you recommend

Debbiedeb

Birthday gift from my smart ### son a few years ago when I complained i couldn.t find a heavy duty burger flipper. He also sent me a stuffed Parrot ( he nicked  named it Pirate Pete) when I wore an eye patch due to a dethatched retina. My son in law in Calif uses some kind of silicon gloves that he really likes.

This heavy duty Brisket / Butt spatula from Traeger is my go to. Very heavy thick solid stainless with a wooden handle held by screws you can tighten. Does not bend even under the weight of a large brisket. The spatula is ground to a sharp edged   blade on the  front and along the  left side. perfect for any large cut, and I have used it to lift spatch cocked turkeys and chickens. Just slide the blade under what ever it is and this brute will lift it easily. I use it with a silicon glove on my left hand so I can stabilize what I am lifting with my hand and fingers. Never dropped anything and have always been able to easily move what ever I am cooking. By the way it works very well for delicate fish fillets as well. 

IMG_2014.thumb.jpeg.94ce442ce19d54044a68de5cd3af7b58.jpeg

https://www.traeger.com/accessories/large-cut-bbq-spatula

The model they show in this ad, I am thinking  must be a 2nd gen model, mine does not have the lip on the butt end and has a heavy duty stainless steel hanging loop.  The newer models have a leather loop that some reviewers say is not adequate and frequently breaks. These are not cheap by any means, and you will drop more cash than the usual cost of a BBQ spatula.  However,  IMO they are extremely high quality and worth the expense, and mine looks and feels like it will last longer than I do. . I actually reach for this spatula far more than the others I have. It is made for big heavy jobs but can be used for anything unless you need something with a smaller profile due to space restrictions. 

1 hour ago, A.O. said:

that spatula above has me interested!

Last year, they were out of those at Traeger.  I asked @John Setzler if he had alternatives as the Transfer was in his Really Right Stuff list (a great post to leave open prior to birthdays, Christmas, Mother's and or Father's Day, etc.)

19 hours ago, Boater said:

Last year, they were out of those at Traeger.  I asked @John Setzler if he had alternatives as the Transfer was in his Really Right Stuff list (a great post to leave open prior to birthdays, Christmas, Mother's and or Father's Day, etc.)

Yep, 17.99 at Amazon, thanks.

I just found this!  You can get what looks like a the same spatula made by Pit Boss on line at Walmart or Amazon for much cheaper than the original Traeger. Also the Pit Boss spatula does not have a lip on the butt end, and has a stainless hanging loop, as well as a rose wood handle. (My Traeger is gerinic wood) So even though I haven't used the Pit Boss spatula, I would say it is a far better deal. For what looks like and exact replica or one so similar the two perform the same. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pit-Boss-Large-Cut-BBQ-Grill-Spatula-Stainless-Steel-w-Rosewood-Handle/610373735?irgwc=1&sourceid=imp_0NDzbxVXhxyIUYvSowSpp0KmUkD0iyTdzzZA3g0&veh=aff&wmlspartner=imp_150372&clickid=0NDzbxVXhxyIUYvSowSpp0KmUkD0iyTdzzZA3g0&sharedid=&affiliates_ad_id=568839&campaign_id=9383