Country style ribs and corn!

5 hours ago, A.O. said:

I'm cooking these a little different today, a little lower and a little slower, right at that 225 mark. Been in there about 2 1/2 hours so far, just slathered them up, added the corn and should be done within the hour.. looking good so far!

I've been experimenting with pork butt a little. I've never been a big fan of pulled pork and being from St. Louis, BBQ pork steaks have always been a tradition. We usually seared them, threw in a pan with sauce until nice and tender and then seared again at the end to caramelize the outside a little. This past weekend I had a whole butt cut into 1.5" thick steaks; normal is about 1/2 to 3/4". A 9 lb butt yielded 5 steaks. 3 of them I cooked my traditional way but my son asked me to cook a couple more like a regular steak. S&P rub, no sauce, seared at 350-400 degrees until it hit 145ish, pulled and sliced right away. OMG, it was good! The meat was melt in your mouth tender. One had to cut around the fat but not unlike a ribeye steak. The whole family loved it and I won't be going back to the old way of buying or BBQing  pork steaks. Bonus I got the steaks at the 1.98/lb  butt price vs the 2.98/lb price of pork steaks.

Might want to try your country ribs like that once.

On 5/15/2022 at 8:06 AM, A.O. said:

At it again with country style ribs, one of the cheapest and one of my favorites, nice and meaty! 

Got my famous rub on...

IMG_7487.thumb.JPG.fb29dd5d460641c5d63c1f5c9904b558.JPG

'bout done on the Kamado..

IMG_7488.thumb.JPG.8fd2dea8e82a172ef1d73e50fb954d43.JPG

And time to eat!

IMG_7489.thumb.JPG.42edbc8c79d372361089f4da2fc7c675.JPG

Ribs were maybe 2 hours at 225-250, and the corn was on there steaming in the husk for about an hour, MAN that just makes the corn perfect, took the husk off for maybe the last ten minutes is all. Turned out great!

what internal temp do you take your CSRs to?

20 minutes ago, Bgosnell151 said:

what internal temp do you take your CSRs to?

I did not even check this time

I do CSR direct on the grill for an hour or so then in a foil pan with some thinned bbq sauce and diced onions and bell peppers the cover and back on for another hour and a half to two hours. Always nice and tender.