BGE accessories on Kamado Joe classic 2

Hey there,

I’ve searched all over the forum for topics on this and can’t really find what I’m looking for. 
Anyway, I recently upgraded from an Akorn to a Kamado Joe classic 2. 
I’m super psyched and have already had a few amazing cooks on it. My question is are there any worthwhile BGE accessories that fit the KG classic 2?

I have an excellent BGE dealer here in town, but KJ is only online for me. 
Being an impatient impulse buyer, I’m curious. 
Any info is appreciated

Check out this place. They have all kinds of accessories and specify which ones work with which models. I understand the impulse buy affliction - I have it, too! This would be an online option for you since it’s in Texas, but I think you’ll appreciate what they have, especially some of their tiered cooking racks, which look better than anything I’ve seen from BGE or KJ.

https://ceramicgrillstore.com/

17 hours ago, Charleston Dennis said:

My question is are there any worthwhile BGE accessories that fit the KG classic 2

My local Ace Hardware is a BGE dealer, so I cruise that section whenever I'm picking up stuff there.  I've seen a few things there that would be possibly useful, but haven't purchased anything yet.  Their veggie baskets would fit, of course, but I haven't yet dropped enough veggies through the standard issue grate to warrant a basket.  But I'm a lot more careful with those than I used to be!

20 hours ago, Charleston Dennis said:

Hey there,

I’ve searched all over the forum for topics on this and can’t really find what I’m looking for. 
Anyway, I recently upgraded from an Akorn to a Kamado Joe classic 2. 
I’m super psyched and have already had a few amazing cooks on it. My question is are there any worthwhile BGE accessories that fit the KG classic 2?

I have an excellent BGE dealer here in town, but KJ is only online for me. 
Being an impatient impulse buyer, I’m curious. 
Any info is appreciated

I have a BGE and use Ceramic Grill Store( CGS ) after market AR racks and a host of other accessories. While shopping for racks and grates to fit my Vision and eventually my BGE,  I learned that the Vision grills and a large BGE are almost identical in grate size and dome taper. The large BGE and the standard KJ while having roughly the same grate size, do differ significantly in regards to dome taper. The KJ  dome is shorter stature and a bit wider than the BGE dome is taller and therefore provides more head room than the standard KJ. Racks made to fit the BGE will be taller to take advantage of that head room and racks made to fit the KJ will be shorter. The racks made for my large BGE allow me to put a grate or pizza stone a little more than 5" above the felt.  Most racks  made for the large BGE (except for the main grate)  will bump into the dome of a KJ as you attempt to close it. However KJ racks will fit in a BGE but will not take full advantage of the extra head room available. My advice is to use the racks designed for the grill you will be using them in. A really good resource is to call Ceramic Grill Store and talk to the owner,  Tom. He makes gear for most kamados and knows what fits in each grill. He is the source of the above info, and was very helpful while I was shopping for kamado gear. Hope this helps you.