Big Joe 2 vs Big Joe 3

GS1397

Hey Guys,

I currently have a Vision Diamond cut from Sams that I use frequently. However, I am wanting more grilling space so I am looking hard at a big Joe. What I am struggling with is the almost 1K diff in cost. I use a KAB now and totally get why they are popular, so I'd want to get either one of those or a KJ one. The question I have is the slo roller worth the $$$. I have smoked many butts, ribs, etc. on my vision just using the deflector plates I have with great results. Does the slo roller make that much difference? TIA. 

Do I believe that the SloRoller provides more even heat distribution than deflector plates? Yes. Does it make a difference in results? Not that I can tell. Would I pay extra for it? No.

1 hour ago, TKOBBQ said:

I would pay the extra for the depth in the III compared to the II.

Thanks TKO; can you explain/expand on that thought?  I know the 3 looks longer than the 2 but i've never seen them side by side; 

My only thoughts on this are a visual comparison at my local dealer.  I feel the added teir in the divide and conquer along with the included charcoal basket and the hyperbolic insert would sway me towards the higher price.  Buy once, cry once. :)

Here's some reading them.

https://justgrillinflorida.com/news/differences-between-kamado-joe-classic-ii-and-classic-iii/

https://www.smokedbbqsource.com/kamado-joe-ii-vs-iii/

Kamado-Joe-Divide-And-Conquer-Systems.png