Jump to content

Rock in my Lump


Recommended Posts

Judging by the relatively square corner on that rock, could it possibly be a piece of worn fire brick fractured off of the kiln they cooked the charcoal in?  If not, it probably got jammed in the wood when they were handling the logs and wood chunks, and somehow made it through the processing and into the kiln.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I suspect no  matter the method a bag is filled, we don’t want to pay for rocks.

 

Indications point to….limited quality control for lump loading into bags by any manufacturer. Only way to verify no rocks or odd debris are in the bags of lump, is by buying one that can be returned if one chooses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fogo is the best when you have a problem. I’m way ahead in the game at this point.  I need to find about 20 more lbs of rocks before I feel cheated.  
 

That one free bag, which I didn’t ask for and wasn’t expecting, sealed my relationship with them.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Buy directly from them. Minimizes “fines”. 
 

Free shipping.  I order and get in 2 days. 
 

sign up for credits.  Get a free bag after so many purchases.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Gebo said:

Buy directly from them. Minimizes “fines”. 
 

Free shipping.  I order and get in 2 days. 
 

sign up for credits.  Get a free bag after so many purchases.  

Do you have a link to do this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/26/2022 at 1:45 PM, mike echo said:

I suspect no  matter the method a bag is filled, we don’t want to pay for rocks.

 

Indications point to….limited quality control for lump loading into bags by any manufacturer. Only way to verify no rocks or odd debris are in the bags of lump, is by buying one that can be returned if one chooses.

 

Here's a challenge for you.  The next bag of lump you buy... WEIGH THE CONTENTS.  I'd be willing to bet that every bag's contents will weight slightly more than the published amount on the bag.  IF this is true then you aren't paying for rocks.  Most bags of lump dont' have rocks in the but some of them will.  Do you really feel that these rocks are devaluing your opinion of the coal?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, John Setzler said:

 

Here's a challenge for you.  The next bag of lump you buy... WEIGH THE CONTENTS.  I'd be willing to bet that every bag's contents will weight slightly more than the published amount on the bag.  IF this is true then you aren't paying for rocks.  Most bags of lump dont' have rocks in the but some of them will.  Do you really feel that these rocks are devaluing your opinion of the coal?

 

So I mentioned I got a rock in one of my bags (not sure which bag), But I don't really care, just mentioned it cause it was being talked about here.. If I got 20 rocks in one bag or something, it would concern me, one... no.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mike echo said:

Pass John. 

so help me out... i am trying to understand your thought process...

 

I am trying to determine if a rock in a bag of charcoal is a game changer in your opinion of that brand of coal.  I am not trying to change your mind one way or the other.  I am just trying to confirm my belief that finding a rock in a bag of lump charcoal would cause someone to abandon that brand of coal and switch to something else.  

 

I use Kamaod Joe Big Block but I use even more Royal Oak.  I find rocks in both.  the rocks I find, in my opinion, are insignificant when it comes to weight, value, or any other opinion of the coal.  But that's just me.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...