Smoked Cream Cheese w/ Pineapple Passion Fruit Habanero & Bourbon Sauce

This smoked cream cheese fad is one that just keeps on rolling.  I think I have found the PERFECT sauce to top it with in this homemade pineapple passion fruit preserves with bourbon and habanero peppers.  The recipe for that sauce is here:

1 tablespoon of butter

1 finely diced habanero pepper

1 13oz jar of Bonne Maman Pineapple Passion Fruit Preserves

1/4 cup bourbon

1 teaspoon lemon juice

1/4 teaspoon salt.

Melt the butter over medium high heat in a saucepan.  Add the habaneros and reduce the heat to medium.  Stir the habaneros fairly constantly for 5 minutes or so.  Add the rest of the ingredients, keep stirring until it's all combined, and let come to a slow simmer.  Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 10 minutes uncovered.  Remove it from the heat, put a lid on it, and just let it sit until you are ready to serve.  You can make this in advance, put it back in a jar in the fridge, and just reheat it before you serve.  

Enjoy!

#ManCaveMeals #KamadoJoe #SmokedCreamCheese

Excellent idea for sauce, John.  I've been buying Rothschild's Pineapple-Habanero Glaze at Costco to use as a glaze for grilled fish, but your topping looks like a must try for me.  I may add just a little diced sweet and spicy cherry pepper for color and piquancy. Thanks for the idea. :good:  

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, jark87 said:

I have a tailgate party coming up this weekend and have limited time to make anything. I think you just gave me the answer! I love the presentation in the cast iron skillet, too!

let me know how it comes out!

On 10/13/2022 at 12:03 PM, John Setzler said:

let me know how it comes out!

I can’t believe I forgot to take a picture! I smoked the cream cheese using cherry wood chips in a pellet tube, so temp never registered on the dome thermometer. I used what I had on hand for the sauce, so I substituted fig preserves and a jalapeño pepper and cut the bourbon to 1/8 cup because my jar of preserves was small, but kept the rest of the recipe intact. Turned out superb - received a number of compliments! 

Thanks for the recipe, John. It’s a simple but fantastic appetizer for a party.