2 tsps fine sea salt

converted to grams.

7 g active dry yeast

480g water

688g bread flour

9.8g fine sea salt

Simple directions. 

Stir yeast into warm water let sit until dissolved 5 min

Add  3 cups of flour stirring by hand gently until dough is smooth then add 2.5  cups more,   when all the flour is in add salt continue stirring by hand until dough comes away from bowl, but is still sticky. knead and pull the dough in opposite directions 10 to 15 times  to stretch it, then knead it until smooth about 10 minutes. Chris says It is done when it smiles. Shape the dough into 1 large ball and put in an oiled bowl cover with plastic wrap and let sit on the counter for 3 hours. Turn out on to floured surface cut into 4 equal balls dusting with flour during the process. put the dough balls in a proof box or cover them with plastic wrap from another hour or until they double in size. Now you ready to shape and top your pies. Bake between 550 and 600. If you want more sour dough taste extend the proof time to 7 to 24 hours. Pizza baked following the 3 + 1 hour  original proof will brown more quickly than the longer proof times. Bianco says this is a basic recipe and he recommends using it and then mess around with it or  just extend the proof times until you get it to match your personal taste. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, John Setzler said:

That's a pretty wet pizza dough.  

Yeah, the dough is pretty sticky but really seems to make a nice pie.  I use 00 flour for bench flour and with a slight dusting the dough is pretty workable. One thing that amazes me is that no matter how thin I roll out the dough a cooked piece does not bend or droop but stays flat when you pick it up.   I also like the taste and chew. The edge is crisp with a really nice texture. He says you can use between 625 and 688 grams of  bread flour with 480 grams of water.  I was using the Ken Forkish 24 to 48 hour dough, but actually like this better. The recipe for his dough on line was from him and in cups, I converted it to grams so I could be more consistent. I pulled these pies a little soon, when I cooked them longer I got really nice color and char. 

IMG_2108.thumb.jpeg.5bf214bff2c3fd421eacd6383d368c75.jpeg

IMG_2107.thumb.jpeg.aba3cf256533b67c49ebf4fa35893e96.jpeg