Adopted an Orphan Primo Round Kamado 771 !!!

paridah

I just bought a round from CL here in Maryland for $300 with cover and BT tempt monitoring unit. The unit had very little cook time like 5 attempts and they gave up on the Primo Round 771 and went back to a Weber Gasser. I like the build quality etc. What I don't understand is why why manufacture a product that it appears to be a bastard child to Primo? I know Oval is a major selling point but offer the same public support for the made in the USA round. Just my .02 . I passed on a Oval XL400 for $600

Primo-1.JPG

Primo-2.JPG

Primo-3.JPG

Termo Works.JPG

Termo Works2.JPG

I think the Round Kamado is their "entry-level" standard size kamado. I don't think there is huge demand for it given there are so many other brands that offer round, but if you go to a grill shop and like the black Primo, but the Oval is too pricey, you've got options!

Also, nice deal you got on that grill. I still can't believe how well these things do everything from smoking, to grilling to pizza.

8 hours ago, fotoflux said:

I think the Round Kamado is their "entry-level" standard size kamado. I don't think there is huge demand for it given there are so many other brands that offer round, but if you go to a grill shop and like the black Primo, but the Oval is too pricey, you've got options!

Also, nice deal you got on that grill. I still can't believe how well these things do everything from smoking, to grilling to pizza.

I agree, You would think their would be more supporting info. I understand that at the price you would get more included accessories for the same price. I fired her up yesterday and she held a temp fore around 13hrs with the temp outside dropping to 30F last night. Man the firebox is thicker than others that I have seen. I would like some advice on accessories that will fit this kamado. What about a KJ Slo Roller?