What is your favorite BBQ sauce?

Walk in grocery store type sauce I like Stubbs Original and Spicy.. Not sweet, not thick.. Seems like everyone I know besides my girlfriend and I prefer a thick, dark, goo with as much Honey, Molasses and liquid smoke as possible..

We have one local grocery store that is starting to get into the smaller branded sauces, kinda nice. Small section with these sauces as well as less common marinades and sauces..

I don't think I really have a single favorite, just depends what I'm in the mood for. I do look at the ingredients, and have a couple rules I generally follow. For one thing, I usually stay away from sauces that have sugar, corn syrup, or another sweetener as the first ingredient. I'm not opposed to sweet sauces, but I have my limits. For another, I stay away from sauces that have fillers like starch in them. I remember the first time I was served some Sweet Baby Ray's sauce, I tasted it and was like "Does this have flour in it or something?" :?

post-63-13756510089933_thumb.jpg

I'd have to give the nod to Everitt &Jones, a Bay Area favorite. It had an initial sweet taste, then the cayenne and chili powders sneak up on you in a hurry. I tried the medium, and its got a kick, the hot must really clear out your sinuses.

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21370402535.309293.jpg[/attachment]

I'd have to give the nod to Everitt &Jones, a Bay Area favorite. It had an initial sweet taste, then the cayenne and chili powders sneak up on you in a hurry. I tried the medium, and its got a kick, the hot must really clear out your sinuses.

I've tried the Head Country Hot and it will definately clear your sinuses if your not careful. :o

I've never gotten into the store or boutique brands because there are just so many to choose from and they're all too expensive. Everyone seems to consistently like Sweet Baby Ray's (me not so much) and Stubb's (I do dig that). If I don't make my own, I tend to just buy Bullseye (no HFCS) and augment it to taste for each cook.