What is your favorite BBQ sauce?

I was pleasantly surprised yesterday.. Was doing Baby Backs and did not feel like making a glaze. The girlfriend has one of them super couponers at work so I end up with a bunch of sauces and such including a bottle of Webers original.

I was nervous it would be overly sweet and thick with the emphasis on the label towards molasses.. But overall it was not overly sweet nor thick.. After 20 minutes on the smoker it had a nice shine and glistening to it much like a glaze.. I was pretty dang happy with it.

CattleMens,it's made in Texas.Only store that I can find it,is in Wal Mart.

they have it i gallons size at Sam's.

I used to like cattlemans classic.. But it seems as if it is hard to find cattlemans anymore in supermarkets in a regular sized bottle.. Through their website it seems as if they are targeting restaurants more so than consumers.

Tasty Lick BBQ sauce only sold at his store. Also I like Sweet Baby Rays.

I will have to try it. His store is one town away from me, maybe 5 miles.

RUDAWG- Fred is a great guy- I recommend signing up for his free egg glass- good stuff at his shop!

I really like Sweet Baby Ray's myself if I have to use a commercial sauce.

You can get into the boutique sauces I guess but I rather just make my own. It's not all that hard to do, you can make it the way you like it, you can add some of the rub you used on the meat to tailor the flavor a bit and I love to serve it warm. I like a more dry style of smoking and serving warm sauce on the side is a nice way to compliment the cook.

Ericwiz

I just picked up a jar of Blues Hog. This stuff has won best in show at the American Royal in Kansas City.

I still can't believe how many people like Sweet Baby Ray's... :?

I am interested in the blues hog, it sounds more of a glaze than sauce..

As for the sweet baby rays.. To me its a thick sweet dark goo best used when covering up par boiled ribs and slow cooker pulled pork. It does not compliment the flavor, it overtakes the flavor.

I just picked up a jar of Blues Hog. This stuff has won best in show at the American Royal in Kansas City.

Me neither. SBR is not that good. Blues Hog is miles better however I always cut it with a spicy hot sauce like head country.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

I am interested in the blues hog, it sounds more of a glaze than sauce..

Yeah, it's definitely on the thin side. But it seems to have become the sauce of choice on the competition circuit. Derrick Riches from BBQ.About.com wrote an article about his experience as a judge at the Jack Daniels Invitational BBQ Competition. Here's his remarks on the sauce category of the competition:

With the aprons signed, the oath taken, and the rules read it was time to get down to judging. The first category was barbecue sauce, a difficult item to judge since so many competition teams use Blues Hog BBQ Sauce as their base and because all there is to judge is a small pool of sauce on your "plate". The winner here is probably the team that doctored and thickened their Blues Hog the best.

Dinosaur sensuous slathering sauce.

Gotta say - this stuff is delicious! Made some pulled pork for a tailgate and one of the folks brought this stuff. Gonna be my new go to sauce when I done make my own. Just got to find a local place to buy it.

I just finished some beef ribs with Stubbs Bourbon Hickory BBQ sauce, and it was pretty good. I did a pulled pork with the Stubbs pecan bbq sauce, awhile back and it was excellent. Stubbs on sale at a local store right now for $1.99 a jar. Think I'll grab a few.

Neighbor raves about Sweet Baby Rays. I'm not too crazy about it myself, decent sauce. But really no different than Kraft, KC Master, and basically most of the store brands out there.