What is your favorite BBQ sauce?

I have always liked sweet BBQ sauces so I was a little apprehensive when I bought Stubbs, but this weekend I gave Stubbs Original BBQ sauce a try on chicken and boston butt and I think I have found a new favorite sauce. I will still use the sweet sauces from time to time, but for now I will be experimenting more with Stubbs.

From what is available where I live I like Sweet Baby Ray's. I do find it extremely disturbing that the first ingredient on the list is High fructose corn syrup. I find it amazing that they basically make corn syrup taste like BBQ sauce. It does taste quite good and they have some heat and a good ( liquid??) smoke flavor in there.

Exactly. It's so hard to find a BBQ sauce that uses neither HFCS nor liquid smoke flavoring. Why is that? It frustrates me hard.

I want to change my vote to Dinosaur Sensuous Slathering Sauce! No high fructose corn syrup. stuff is really good.

Ingredients

Crushed Tomatoes, Vinegar, Sugar, Mustard (mustard flour, vinegar, salt), Spices, Brown Sugar, Salt, Molasses, Xantham Gum (natural food fiber), Natural Smoke Flavor, Onion, Garlic, Green Bell Pepper, Lemon Oil, Spice Extractives

I want to change my vote to Dinosaur Sensuous Slathering Sauce! No high fructose corn syrup. stuff is really good.

Ingredients

Crushed Tomatoes, Vinegar, Sugar, Mustard (mustard flour, vinegar, salt), Spices, Brown Sugar, Salt, Molasses, Xantham Gum (natural food fiber), Natural Smoke Flavor, Onion, Garlic, Green Bell Pepper, Lemon Oil, Spice Extractives

Always wanted to try it but I can't find it locally.

Ingredients

Always wanted to try it but I can't find it locally.

Their prices online are really good. I think its $4 bucks for a 19oz. bottle and something like $22 bucks for a case of 6 bottles. I am buying a case today in fact.

http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/store/pr ... ring_sauce

• 3 years later...
On 6/24/2013 at 11:35 AM, EricWiz said:

Their prices online are really good. I think its $4 bucks for a 19oz. bottle and something like $22 bucks for a case of 6 bottles. I am buying a case today in fact.

http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/store/pr ... ring_sauce

I just came across this thread again. I find it a good read.

I just want to add that the Dinasaur Bar-B-Que: An American Road House  book lists  a recipe for all of the sauces that they use in their restaurants.  At one cent and $4 shipping it is a good deal used. The story and pictures are fun also. Started with a 55 gallon barrel at biker gatherings.

My favorite commercial sauce is from Williamson Brothers over in May-retta Georgia. (That's Marietta to anyone from north of here. ). It's tangy and a little sweet. My favorite home made is from Myron Mixon which is made with his basic vinegar sauce and some sweetness and ketchup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, LargeRedJoe said:

My favorite commercial sauce  is from Williamson Brothers over in May-retta Georgia. (That's Marietta to anyone from north of here. ). It's tangy and a little sweet. My favorite home made is from Myron Mixon which is made with his basic vinegar sauce and some sweetness and ketchup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a gallon a year ago and am almost out.  The cost now for me is too high a year later. I do love this sauce. Good stuff.

The Head Country is available at a good price. I am going to try it next.