What is your favorite BBQ sauce?

1 hour ago, JayhawkPharmer said:

Blues Hog Original for me.  Saw a few mentions of Blues Hog, but they've got several different kinds.  The Original is my favorite by a landslide.  I like some the Carolina mustard/vinegar type, but don't really know which one's are the best.  Any suggestions for that style?

I have made my own mustard/vinegar from the Amazing Ribs web site and been very happy.

Some how the tomato sauces I make that are not vinegar I need a better recipe.

I love the Griffin Vinegar  Sauce recipe. Just used it tonight on some chicken.

This is from this site. I love this stuff and it keeps forever.

1 hour ago, Marty said:

I have made my own mustard/vinegar from the Amazing Ribs web site and been very happy.

Some how the tomato sauces I make that are not vinegar I need a better recipe.

I love the Griffin Vinegar  Sauce recipe. Just used it tonight on some chicken.

This is from this site. I love this stuff and it keeps forever.

Thanks!!!  Will make one or the other (maybe both and do a family taste test$ next time I do some pork.  That kind of sauce with pulled pork is fantastic together.

Not sure if I mentioned this here before but I'm thoroughly impressed with the sauces made by "The Shed". I also like the new Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet Golden Mustard BBQ sauce. Finally, if you're near a Jim n Nick's Community BBQ restaurant, stop in and get a bottle of original and Habenero sauces, you'll be glad you did; and while you're there, sit down and enjoy some of the best restaurant BBQ you're likely to eat. 

It is mind blowing to me how many great rubs and sauces there are. Each different, some not so good, some awesome. Many are not available except through the restaurant, the company, regionally,  or locally. The Amazing ribs site had a huge list of sauces. I just ordered a gallon of Head Country sauce for $22 and Prime shipping.  My Williamson's  hot is about gone and Amazon no longer has the gallon bargain size.

I just came across this thread again. I find it a good read.
I just want to add that the Dinasaur Bar-B-Que: An American Road House  book lists  a recipe for all of the sauces that they use in their restaurants.  At one cent and $4 shipping it is a good deal used. The story and pictures are fun also. Started with a 55 gallon barrel at biker gatherings.

Link to book?

3 hours ago, Marty said:

It is mind blowing to me how many great rubs and sauces there are. Each different, some not so good, some awesome. Many are not available except through the restaurant, the company, regionally,  or locally. The Amazing ribs site had a huge list of sauces. I just ordered a gallon of Head Country sauce for $22 and Prime shipping.  My Williamson's  hot is about gone and Amazon no longer has the gallon bargain size.

Marty, a number of years ago my wife and I were shopping in a fabric store in Snellville, GA. I guess the owners of the shop had some relationship to Williamson Brothers because they sold gallon jugs of the stuff.

In a fabric store.

Go figure.

2 hours ago, Grabber70Mach said:

@Marty did you get it for the .1 plus 4 shipping? It's coming up at 19.71 for me.

Take a look at used. I buy most of my books used. At one cent plus shipping someone is making a small margin on the shipping.

I have bought at shipping cost before with no problems. Do take a look at the approval rating of the seller.

Lately I've been using Sweet Baby Ray's but I mix in some different things depending on the theme. Over the weekend I smoked some baby-backs while the wife made an asian style slaw and brown rice.

I mixed in some sweet asian chile sauce and a little bit of ginger ale to thin the sauce as I like it more of a glaze than a thick sauce.

This discussion is fascinating. I absolutely hate Sweet Baby Ray's as I find it way too sweet. But the fact that a lot of users here say it's their favorite sauce of all time blows my mind. Goes to show the wide range of palates here on the board and makes me reconsider every "best bbq I ever had" comment I've read lol.

To each his own. There's enough bbq for all of us.