John Setzler

Cherry-Peach Grill Cobbler!

3 posts in this topic

20110821_Dessert_0497.JPG

This is a very simple dessert that I sorta tossed together quite a long time ago. More recently, I decided to try cooking it on the grill and it was really tasty!

Cherry-Peach Grill Cobbler

Ingredients:

1 or 2 cans of cherry pie filling (Comstock brand is great!)
1 or 2 cans of peach pie filling (Comstock brand is great!)
1 can of your favorite pop-open biscuits
Sugar
Cinnamon
Melted Butter

Directions:

Dump your pie filling into a baking dish (how much you need depends on the size of the baking dish) and stir it around to mix it up. Pop open and separate your biscuits. Dip biscuit in melted butter and then in cinnamon and sugar mixture and place sugar side up on top of the pie filling mixture in the dish. Cook on the grill at 300-350° until the tops of the biscuits are golden brown and the pie filling is bubbly. Serve and watch your family/friends lick their lips for a while!

Grabber70Mach likes this

20110821_Dessert_0497.JPG

This is a very simple dessert that I sorta tossed together quite a long time ago. More recently, I decided to try cooking it on the grill and it was really tasty!

Cherry-Peach Grill Cobbler

Ingredients:

1 or 2 cans of cherry pie filling (Comstock brand is great!)

1 or 2 cans of peach pie filling (Comstock brand is great!)

1 can of your favorite pop-open biscuits

Sugar

Cinnamon

Melted Butter

Directions:

Dump your pie filling into a baking dish (how much you need depends on the size of the baking dish) and stir it around to mix it up. Pop open and separate your biscuits. Dip biscuit in melted butter and then in cinnamon and sugar mixture and place sugar side up on top of the pie filling mixture in the dish. Cook on the grill at 300-350° until the tops of the biscuits are golden brown and the pie filling is bubbly. Serve and watch your family/friends lick their lips for a while!

Got a tailgate cooking comp coming up this weekend. Think I'm gonna give this a shot as a dessert category! I'd like to also incorporate some girlled peaches, or maybe layer grilled pineapple on top for the aesthetics?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Shortyque
      Haven't been posting much, since this is our crazy busy season in our business.  We certainly are thankful for business, but it sure cuts out a lot of quality Kamado time.  We have been grilling a lot of veggies, and quick things like burgers.  However, I have been faithfully reading this forum at least several times a week, and tonight decided to try some things that intrigued me.  

Main course was leg quarter.  Defrosted them overnight, then did what Andy talked about in one of his last posts, dusted with baking power and put in fridge for the day.  Brushed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, dusted with Dizzy Pig "Raging River" rub, and grilled direct at 375 degrees.  Really happy with results, the skin was very crispy and tasty. 

Next, dessert.  For this I tried grilled peaches, which I think Keeper had posted about a few weeks ago.  (Apologies if it was someone else)  My wife just had a fit-Grilled Peaches!  That can't be good.  Peeled some Red Haven peaches,  brushed with pineapple infused balsamic vinegar and olive oil, grilled until lightly charred, flipped and did for about 4 more minutes.  Sprinkled lightly with brown sugar, left it melt, and topped with one scoop of vanilla ice cream.  Looked smugly at wife, who wouldn't even try them.  Her loss!!!!   This is tremendous!  Will be doing this every night until the peaches run out.

• By karacooks
      Just an easy meal tonight. Took a whole chicken, rubbed it with olive oil and salt and peppered it. Layered it in a CI skillet with onions, potatoes, garlic, carrots, radishes.

Cooked at 425 for about an hour, until the thigh was registering about 172-173°

My helper for the cook:

When the chicken came off, I put on a few halved peaches and shut the grill down. 15 mins later, pulled them off. Served everything on one plate. Yum!

Nice, easy, healthy, and so good. And I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow, plus bones for stock later in the week. 
    • By DerHusker
      And yes it was on the kamado. I haven’t made this in a while but had a hankering so decided to go for it. Recipe is in the Artisan Breads recipe forum. (Link: http://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/3856-cinnamon-raisin-honey-oatmeal-bread/)

Here are the ingredients:

Mixed everything up and let it proof overnight.

Next day I poured out the dough onto my well-floured pastry mat and flattened it.

Then turned it onto itself.

Spread out some more oatmeal and formed the dough into a loaf shape with some of the oatmeal on the outsides.

I put this into a long rectangular loaf pan for a second proofing of 90 minutes.

While it was proofing again I lite up a full load of lump and set the kamado up for indirect cooking.

I then put my baker in to heat-soak it.

After 90 minutes I took the parchment paper sling and placed it into the pre-heated (to 450) kamado and baker and covered it.

I let that bake for 27 minutes and then uncovered it and let it bake for an additional 3 minutes.

Here it is on my cooling rack (with a loaf of beer bread) waiting to be cut.

Here’s the cut shot.

And the taste test.

Yum!
    • By karacooks
      Ok guys and gals - I'm getting this one out of the way early. We ate early today so we go see Guardians of the Galaxy at the new luxe movie theater.  

I've still got leftovers from some of the previous cooks, so I was looking for something fast, easy, straightforward, and that wouldn't leave me with more storage containers in the freezer. We also had a friend of H's over tonight (she's going to the movie with us).

I pulled 3 nice thick loin chops out of the freezer and thawed them in a brine for about 4 hours (3.5% brine w/ pepper corns, nutmeg, and bay leaf added).

Rinsed, patted dry, and ready to go:

Also prepped some asparagus - just a little butter, seasalt, and fresh ground pepper:

All the kids got in the pool (450° pool) and went for 6 mins per side. After the flip, I basted with a lightly sweet glaze made with butter, maple syrup, and a shot of Lousiana hot sauce. 

Another flip and a baste, and on went the peach halves. Mr Grill was somewhat confused about the peach halves, but he decided to trust me. 

And sure enough, they came off looking fantastic, also brushed with a little of the maple glaze.

I love grilled peaches so much!

Plated up and ready to serve!

I don't have a good picture of the sliced chop, but it was just right - a thin line of pink in the middle and super moist. 

And best of all, no leftovers!
    • By manoloparrilla
      Biscuits

9-10 minutes

200F