• Announcements

• John Setzler

Site TOS/Guidelines Updated 9/7/2017   05/02/2017

The rules here are simple.  You must behave like an adult.  You may not use profanity.  If 'behaving like and adult' needs specific details in your eyes, then this forum is not for you.  Failure to behave like an adult may result in your loss of access to the site.     YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information provided to the Kamado Guru website is NOT shared with any third party for any reason. EVER.    THE REST OF THE STUFF:

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Our websites use cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse this site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).   Thanks!
John Setzler

Cherry-Peach Grill Cobbler!

20110821_Dessert_0497.JPG

This is a very simple dessert that I sorta tossed together quite a long time ago. More recently, I decided to try cooking it on the grill and it was really tasty!

Cherry-Peach Grill Cobbler

Ingredients:

1 or 2 cans of cherry pie filling (Comstock brand is great!)
1 or 2 cans of peach pie filling (Comstock brand is great!)
1 can of your favorite pop-open biscuits
Sugar
Cinnamon
Melted Butter

Directions:

Dump your pie filling into a baking dish (how much you need depends on the size of the baking dish) and stir it around to mix it up. Pop open and separate your biscuits. Dip biscuit in melted butter and then in cinnamon and sugar mixture and place sugar side up on top of the pie filling mixture in the dish. Cook on the grill at 300-350° until the tops of the biscuits are golden brown and the pie filling is bubbly. Serve and watch your family/friends lick their lips for a while!

20110821_Dessert_0497.JPG

This is a very simple dessert that I sorta tossed together quite a long time ago. More recently, I decided to try cooking it on the grill and it was really tasty!

Cherry-Peach Grill Cobbler

Ingredients:

1 or 2 cans of cherry pie filling (Comstock brand is great!)

1 or 2 cans of peach pie filling (Comstock brand is great!)

1 can of your favorite pop-open biscuits

Sugar

Cinnamon

Melted Butter

Directions:

Dump your pie filling into a baking dish (how much you need depends on the size of the baking dish) and stir it around to mix it up. Pop open and separate your biscuits. Dip biscuit in melted butter and then in cinnamon and sugar mixture and place sugar side up on top of the pie filling mixture in the dish. Cook on the grill at 300-350° until the tops of the biscuits are golden brown and the pie filling is bubbly. Serve and watch your family/friends lick their lips for a while!

Got a tailgate cooking comp coming up this weekend. Think I'm gonna give this a shot as a dessert category! I'd like to also incorporate some girlled peaches, or maybe layer grilled pineapple on top for the aesthetics?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Dub
      Haver your grill or oven running steady at 350 degrees.

Works great with a wings, chicken or meatloaf recipe.

It sounds ridiculously simple......yet the results may trump yer meal.  No kidding.....that simple......yet that dang tasty.

2 cans of peaches in heavy syrup....dump them & ingredients into a 13"x9" Pyrex dish.......no need to grease.

1 box of yellow cake mix (non prepared....just the mix itself.....dump it over the contents from the peach cans).

Stir it around a bit.  Let the cake mix soak in the goodness.   

Stir up 3 eggs.  Whip 'em and drop them over the cake & peaches.

Sprinkle a cup of chopped walnuts over the mix.

Sprinkle a cup of dark brown sugar over all.

Then....slice up two sticks of butter and place over the top of the mix.

350 degree grill or oven......for 45-55 minutes.

• By John Setzler

Here's a super easy recipe for a delicious cinnamon raisin bread that you can cook on your kamado grill!
      Cinnamon Raisin Bread
      Ingredients for two loaves (cut in half for a single loaf / all else remains the same)

6g (2 tsp) active try yeast 720g lukewarm water (about 3 cups) 210g (about 1 1/2 cups) whole wheat flour 750g (about 5 cups) all purpose flour 24g (about 4 tsp) sea salt 4 tsp (to taste) ground cinnamon 1 cup raisins (soaked in dark rum or warm water for 1 to 2 hours in advance) Combine the yeast and the water and let the yeast dissolve for 10-15 minutes.
      Drain the liquid from the raisins and combine the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl.  Add the yeast/water to the dry ingredients and mix completely by hand until there are no dry lumps left in the flour.  Let rise for 1 to 2 hours or until doubled in size.  Remove dough to floured surface, spread out, and fold over itself once in each direction.  Repeat that process 3 or 4 times and return to the mixing bowl.  Let rise for another hour or until doubled in size.
      Remove the dough to a floured surface again and divide into two equal parts if making two loaves.  Shape into loaves and place in greased loaf pans.  Cover and let rise again until your grill or oven is ready to go (at least an another 30 minutes).
      Preheat your grill or oven to 425.  Place the loaf pans in the grill or oven and loosely cover with aluminum foil for the first 20 minutes.  Remove the foil and cook for another 20-25 minutes until the bread is done.
      Enjoy!

• By Shortyque
      Haven't been posting much, since this is our crazy busy season in our business.  We certainly are thankful for business, but it sure cuts out a lot of quality Kamado time.  We have been grilling a lot of veggies, and quick things like burgers.  However, I have been faithfully reading this forum at least several times a week, and tonight decided to try some things that intrigued me.  

Main course was leg quarter.  Defrosted them overnight, then did what Andy talked about in one of his last posts, dusted with baking power and put in fridge for the day.  Brushed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, dusted with Dizzy Pig "Raging River" rub, and grilled direct at 375 degrees.  Really happy with results, the skin was very crispy and tasty. 

Next, dessert.  For this I tried grilled peaches, which I think Keeper had posted about a few weeks ago.  (Apologies if it was someone else)  My wife just had a fit-Grilled Peaches!  That can't be good.  Peeled some Red Haven peaches,  brushed with pineapple infused balsamic vinegar and olive oil, grilled until lightly charred, flipped and did for about 4 more minutes.  Sprinkled lightly with brown sugar, left it melt, and topped with one scoop of vanilla ice cream.  Looked smugly at wife, who wouldn't even try them.  Her loss!!!!   This is tremendous!  Will be doing this every night until the peaches run out.

• By karacooks
      Just an easy meal tonight. Took a whole chicken, rubbed it with olive oil and salt and peppered it. Layered it in a CI skillet with onions, potatoes, garlic, carrots, radishes.

Cooked at 425 for about an hour, until the thigh was registering about 172-173°

My helper for the cook:

When the chicken came off, I put on a few halved peaches and shut the grill down. 15 mins later, pulled them off. Served everything on one plate. Yum!

Nice, easy, healthy, and so good. And I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow, plus bones for stock later in the week. 
    • By DerHusker
      And yes it was on the kamado. I haven’t made this in a while but had a hankering so decided to go for it. Recipe is in the Artisan Breads recipe forum. (Link: http://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/3856-cinnamon-raisin-honey-oatmeal-bread/)

Here are the ingredients:

Mixed everything up and let it proof overnight.

Next day I poured out the dough onto my well-floured pastry mat and flattened it.

Then turned it onto itself.

Spread out some more oatmeal and formed the dough into a loaf shape with some of the oatmeal on the outsides.

I put this into a long rectangular loaf pan for a second proofing of 90 minutes.

While it was proofing again I lite up a full load of lump and set the kamado up for indirect cooking.

I then put my baker in to heat-soak it.

After 90 minutes I took the parchment paper sling and placed it into the pre-heated (to 450) kamado and baker and covered it.

I let that bake for 27 minutes and then uncovered it and let it bake for an additional 3 minutes.

Here it is on my cooling rack (with a loaf of beer bread) waiting to be cut.

Here’s the cut shot.

And the taste test.

Yum!