Flank Steak recipe

Plaid Palace

Ok, here is a recipe for a flank steak I got off of youtube from a Big Green Egg Eggfest. I really think it would work on any steak.

All of the measurements are guesstimates.

1 1/2 cup of Orange Juice

1 C Soy Sauce

1 teaspoon of black pepper

1 clove of garlic chopped

Let sit 24 hours. Dry off and rub with a low sodium meat rub. Too much sodium in a rub will be too much salt to go with the Soy sauce.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

That is pretty much a Teriyaki recipe, I just marinade for at least 1 hour to over night. High heat. 8 mins the first side, 5 minutes the second side. I put some other seasonings on the top before cooking. Been doing this for well over 40 yrs as my Dad always did it that way ( he's 90)  Makes awesome French dip with the left overs.    Used to be a real cheap cut of meat till the cooking channel got the news out.

That is pretty much a Teriyaki recipe, I just marinade for at least 1 hour to over night. High heat. 8 mins the first side, 5 minutes the second side. I put some other seasonings on the top before cooking. Been doing this for well over 40 yrs as my Dad always did it that way ( he's 90)  Makes awesome French dip with the left overs.    Used to be a real cheap cut of meat till the cooking channel got the news out.

Yes Teriyaki with out the sugar and the ginger.

Thanks for posting this, I used this recipe on a London broil this weekend for some tacos using a low sodium soy and this is a keeper.

Marinated over night, reverse seared at 205 temp with some pecan chunks until a internal of 115 then cranked up the primo to 500 and seared it to a internal temp of 140 Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

GOOD STUFF!

Trying this marinade right now - meat is in the fridge, but will probably only be there for 6 hours.  Which should be plenty long enough, because I also broke out my new Jaccard for the first time today.  Wow, it sure beats using a pairing knife to put cuts into the flank fibers. The only unfortunate thing is that this isn't going to be be cooked over coals - it's going on my gasser tonight.