Sam314159

Akorn with Cart (Thoughts on Cart)

I liked the one with the cart, but got a phenomenal deal on one without at Lowes this past spring.

So, I decided to make a cart of roughly the same dimensions so I could get the cart cover and use that.

I used pallet wood and extra stain that I had laying around, so it didn't cost me anything  :-D

post-8749-0-97329500-1452725024_thumb.jp

I think it's the perfect size... it gives you enough work space and storage space, but doesn't take up a lot of room.

Is the cooking surface area the same on the cart model compared to the non cart model?  Ive seen different answers in different places.

Welcome. Stop by and introduce yourself.

Is the cooking surface area the same on the cart model compared to the non cart model?  Ive seen different answers in different places.

I've had both models, and they are the same akorns.  Only difference I saw was the front latch.  The cart version has an auto catch latch.  Wish I had that on my first Akorn... :oops:

For anyone looking Jet.com has had the cart one for $280 lately.   Comes to $250 with a 15% off coupon.  In CA there is no tax so its by far the best deal around right now.  I ended up getting one from Hayneedle for $280+tax-6% cashback.  Ended up being 30% more at the time :(

Just bought an acorn with cart yesterday at my local Kroger grocery store. Cooked my first steak with it tonight searing at 600 degrees and it was incredible.

Cincinnati Kroger stores currently have the acorn with cart model 6520 on clearance at $199.00.

I have enjoyed reading through the forums today and have learned a lot. Thank-you.

Just bought an acorn with cart yesterday at my local Kroger grocery store. Cooked my first steak with it tonight searing at 600 degrees and it was incredible.

Cincinnati Kroger stores currently have the acorn with cart model 6520 on clearance at $199.00.

I have enjoyed reading through the forums today and have learned a lot. Thank-you.

Welcome. Stop by and introduce yourself.