Akorn from Kroger - $177!

Hello all!

I am new to the forum but not new to smoking. I have an electric smoker, the masterbuilt electric smokehouse, but I miss the days of charcoal.

I came across this forum when researching cheaper alternatives to the big green egg. It just so happened that I saw an Akorn outside of my Kroger store. The price was originally $299, but they had it marked down to $197 with your Kroger card.

One of the threads on here mentioned a $20 off coupon with the purchase of a grill at Kroger. I search for it and took it in and got the grill for $177 plus tax, $190 total!

I went to register it and the model number is 16619, but I could not find that in their list. I have attached some pictures so that hopefully one of you guys can tell me what model number it compares to.

I hope so because I am pretty excited about it. I cannot wait to try out all the delicious recipes that I see on the site.

Thanks in advance!

post-3042-13756510517673_thumb.jpg

post-3042-13756510518576_thumb.jpg

post-3042-13756510519451_thumb.jpg

post-3042-13756510520462_thumb.jpg

Just register it under any model # -- The serial number you enter has the model number imbedded. This is what I did and this has been documented over and over on these forums.

The only thing that really matters is you get your serial number associated with your address. Once you do that then you have registered the Akorn.

Wow, is Kroger already starting their grill clearance? (They only carry grills during spring & summer, and clearance them out at the end of the season.) I snagged mine last summer at Dillon's (one of the many chains owned by Kroger) for $165, but it wasn't until late July that it reached that price. I know the date varies from area to area, though.

Wow, is Kroger already starting their grill clearance? (They only carry grills during spring & summer, and clearance them out at the end of the season.) I snagged mine last summer at Dillon's (one of the many chains owned by Kroger) for $165, but it wasn't until late July that it reached that price. I know the date varies from area to area, though.

Yes, yes they are. I stopped by the Kroger here in Richmond today and they have dropped the price to $230 from the original $299 (not including the $20 off coupon good until 7/6).

I'm going to wait until this Friday so I can get the fuel mile bonus at Kroger. OR maybe I go back to the HD to buy the cart model (already assembled) and get a big discount to take it off their hands? :lol:

Sounds like each Kroger may be doing their own thing. After reading this thread, I dropped in at our local store. They've marked it down, but only to $249. Not a bad price, but it's got a ways to go before I bite on a second one. 8-)

Sounds like each Kroger may be doing their own thing. After reading this thread, I dropped in at our local store. They've marked it down, but only to $249. Not a bad price, but it's got a ways to go before I bite on a second one. 8-)

Same price here in Columbia. I think the tag said the price was good through the first part of September.