• 2 months later...

I just got an Akorn and found this site looking for mods. When I click the links listed on the first post, I get this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function set_magic_quotes_runtime() in /homepages/1/d87359371/htdocs/kamadoguru/initdata.php:382 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/1/d87359371/htdocs/kamadoguru/viewtopic.php(28): require_once() #1 {main} thrown in /homepages/1/d87359371/htdocs/kamadoguru/initdata.php on line 382

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/11/2021 at 1:09 AM, Checkerfred said:

I just got an Akorn and found this site looking for mods. When I click the links listed on the first post, I get this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function set_magic_quotes_runtime() in /homepages/1/d87359371/htdocs/kamadoguru/initdata.php:382 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/1/d87359371/htdocs/kamadoguru/viewtopic.php(28): require_once() #1 {main} thrown in /homepages/1/d87359371/htdocs/kamadoguru/initdata.php on line 382

The links are indeed dead.   HOWEVER, I did some searches and found these: 

• 2 months later...

I recently got an Acorn for my birthday, best gift ever! I did some research on this site which has been super helpful. My Acorn is stock except for Rtv. I did find a grill at Academy for the Charcoal Grate. It is just a hair smaller that the included one. I stack them together and form a waffle grid. The fit is nice so I don't loose much of my Lump. I think it cost $4 and it is the same gauge metal as the stock one so it should last forever.

• 7 months later...

Purchased my Akorn Kamado Kooker about four years ago from Lowe's and have been enjoying it since. So far no problems, my dry,southern Arizona climate my have something to do with it. Anyway, I have read most of the posts on this thread and apologize if I have missed it, but I was just wondering if any members have known of any Kamado owner who has had sudden, catastrophic, upper lid separation from the main grill body due to rear lid hinge failure? This was usually due to the bottom hinge screws and their anchors pulling loose from the wall of the main grill body and happened occasionally at least in the early models. Has this problem been resolved with the later models and have any fixes been posted?