Roasted Garlic and Dill Aioli

0713GarlicDillAioli.jpg

While working on a masterpiece sandwich this weekend, I decided that mayo alone would simply not cut it. So I decided to whip up something special...

Roasted Garlic & Dill Aioli

Ingredients:

1 bulb of garlic

1/4 cup mayo

1/4 cup sour cream

1/4 to 1/2 tsp dried dill

1 tsp fresh lemon juice

Extra virgin olive oil

salt and pepper

Directions:

Cut the top off the bulb of garlic. Drizzle it with extra virgin olive oil and add a dash of salt and black pepper. Wrap in foil, top side up, or place in small roaster and roast the garlic for about 45 mins to an hour at 300 to 350 degrees. Let the bulb of garlic cool and then squeeze it to remove all the roasted garlic cloves. Mash up and/or very finely chop all the garlic cloves and put in a small bowl. Add the mayo, sour cream, lemon juice and dried dill and mix well. Cover and refrigerate. This will last for about 4 days in the fridge.

Notes:

This condiment is definitely something you can experiment with and change up to your liking. You can add more or less garlic and dill. You can also add cracked black pepper to this to create a bolder flavor. I'm going to be adding this to a sandwich but it would also work well as a dip for a lot of things.... try it out and let me know what you think!

• 5 years later...