Fantasy Football League 2013: Support Kamado Guru & Win Great Prizes!

Ross

Hello, all:

I have received several requests for a second season of Guru Griller's Fantasy Football. So without further adieu, the 2013 Guru Griller's League has been set up on ESPN.com. This league is by invite only, so if you are interested, PM me your email address as soon as possible.

As you noticed, our Forum has received a well deserved facelift, with 'lots of cool new features. Unfortunately, this upgrade comes at a slightly higher cost to our host, JM Setzler. In an attempt to offset these costs, sporting events such as this will be hosted on the site from time to time. Buy-in to the league this year will be $20 per team. My goal is to get a 14 team league.

Total Fees collected will be $280.00. 50% of the fees will be dispersed as prize money through Amazon Gift Cards to the top four finishers in the league. Keep in mind, Paypal charges a 4% fee, which JMSetzler has agreed to take out of his total donation to the site.

UPDATE: John says he will sweeten the pot a little, as well!  All participants in the league who are not already site supporters will get site supporter status for a year. So all I need is your email address, which you can send me via PM, whether or not you played last year, as I did not save any info from last year. Next, JM Setzler will Email you a Paypal Invoice link where you can make your donation to the site. Quick and easy.

Ross -- I'm in ... I'm having trouble direct messaging you via Tapatalk .. but John has my email address I believe (I'm already a site supporter).

Thanks for organizing.

Hey, glad you can join! I'll ask JM about the email address. If you are still having problems with Tapatalk I suggest you completely log out of the Tapatalk log-in, then log back in, or, perhaps completely delete Kamado Guru from your Tapatalk, then go back to the search function and search Kamado Guru and re- sign into the Forum. I believe the API File needs to update for the new site, and for that to happen you have to completely remove KG from Tapatalk and re add it.

In less than 24 hours since the posting, we have already received five requests to join! Fantastic! Better jump in, now, the 14 team slots will be gone before you know it!

Just a recap of our League:  The Guru Grillers, will be, hopefully, a 14 team, H2H points League hosted on ESPN.com. We will have a live snake style draft, date and time yet to be announced. If there is a date that absolutely does not work for you, let me know and I will attempt to accommodate. If you cannot make the live draft, your team will be chosen by auto-pick (past leagues I have played in, it seems difficult to differentiate the success rate of auto picked teams and teams that owners actually participated in the draft.). 

Scoring will be Default ESPN, with the exception of fractional scoring, and 6pts for a receiver's TD Reception instead of the Default 5pts. (I could never understand how if TEAM "A" had  QB Matt Stafford and Team B had WR Calvin Johnson, and Stafford throws to Johnson for a TD, Team A gets 6pts and Team B gets 5pts. This actually happened to me last year, I was ticked!  Anyhow, all participants should review scoring settings, but to my recollection, these are the only deviations for Default (Nothing worse than a commish who slants the scoring to favor his draft picks without disclosing what he did.).

It would be cool to get JMSetzler on board this year. Of course, with a grilling hobby, as well as a Fantasy Football hobby, his girlfriend would surely pack up and leave. :)

I looked over the scoring last night and those were all the deviations I could see. I am in favor of the 6/6 equal scoring, that also happened to me last year in a different league as well.

Also the ESPN fantasy app is great on Android/iOS for you guys (like me) who are always on the go. I haven't checked to see if you can actually draft your team via the app but I wouldn't be surprised if you could. I always try to be at a desktop on draft day.

Seems like if we did the draft on Labor Day most everyone would be free in the evening? Just a thought.

I looked over the scoring last night and those were all the deviations I could see. I am in favor of the 6/6 equal scoring, that also happened to me last year in a different league as well.

Also the ESPN fantasy app is great on Android/iOS for you guys (like me) who are always on the go. I haven't checked to see if you can actually draft your team via the app but I wouldn't be surprised if you could. I always try to be at a desktop on draft day.

Seems like if we did the draft on Labor Day most everyone would be free in the evening? Just a thought.

Good news for those of us with ESPN iOS Apps. According the ESPN:

New for Apple iOS in 2013 - Live Drafts!

The best way to manage your team while on the go just got better! iPhone and iPad users will be able to draftlive from their iPhones and iPads! No more missing a draft because you are away from a PC. The Draft app is integrated into the ESPN FFL 13 app for iOS and enables participation in both Live Snake and Live Auction drafts. Best of all it's FREE! 

...No word on Drafting via an Android App. I assume it is not possible, as their Website makes no mention of it.

The Draft date Monday, September 2 works for me. 4:30 pm PDT (7:30 pm EDT).

Prizes will be divided as follows, assuming we have a 14-team League;

Total Money collected: $280

50% Donation to Kamado Guru Site:     $140.00

Less Paypal Fee:                                 $    5.60

Net Donation:                                     $ 134.40

Prize Purse:                                       $140.00 

First Place.                                        $100.00 Amazon Gift Card

Second Prize:                                      $20.00 Amazon Gift Card

Third Prize                                          $10.00 Amazon Gift card

Fourth Prize:                                       $10.00 Amazon Fift Card

This is still tentative and open for discussion. Great news, we already have seven persons accepting invites to the League. Act now to reserve your Team!

Good news for those of us with ESPN iOS Apps. According the ESPN:

New for Apple iOS in 2013 - Live Drafts!

The best way to manage your team while on the go just got better! iPhone and iPad users will be able to draftlive from their iPhones and iPads! No more missing a draft because you are away from a PC. The Draft app is integrated into the ESPN FFL 13 app for iOS and enables participation in both Live Snake and Live Auction drafts. Best of all it's FREE!

...No word on Drafting via an Android App. I assume it is not possible, as their Website makes no mention of it.

The Draft date Monday, September 2 works for me. 4:30 pm PDT (7:30 pm EDT).

Prizes will be divided as follows, assuming we have a 14-team League;

Total Money collected: $280

50% Donation to Kamado Guru Site: $140.00

Less Paypal Fee: $ 5.60

Net Donation: $ 134.40

Prize Purse: $140.00

First Place. $100.00 Amazon Gift Card

Second Prize: $20.00 Amazon Gift Card

Third Prize $10.00 Amazon Gift card

Fourth Prize: $10.00 Amazon Fift Card

This is still tentative and open for discussion. Great news, we already have seven persons accepting invites to the League. Act now to reserve your Team!

Not sure what color scheme you posted in but can't see a thing you wrote using reverse colors in tapatalk.

• 2 weeks later...

Remember Guru Griller's, Fantasy Football Draft will be Monday, September 2, Labor Day!.  Jump on board, we only have four slots left for our 14 Team League!!

PM me with your email address and I will send you an invite.

If you have already signed up, be sure that you send your dues to JM Setzler. All who signed up have received and email with a Paypal link to to easily pay your team League Dues.

See you all on Draft Night!!!!

Does 7:00pm Eastern Time work for everyone? A little early for those of us on the Left Coast, but it works for me, if it works for everyone else?

Works for me