AC Power for temperature controllers?

This has been a very wet summer in my neck of the woods and that has me wondering about using a temperature controller that requires AC power.  With the exception of the PartyQ, it seems like every controller requires AC power (or 12V DC).  For safety sake, I don't keep my kamado on my newly rebuilt PVC deck so that would mean I would have to run an extension cord out to the patio for a controller.  Lately it seems like there could be a pop up storm just about any night so I am concerned that if I do that I could end up with a really bad result if the rain causes the GFI to trip.  Are people using AC powered controllers just being carefull about the weather or am I being silly about this?

When I'm not sure about the weather, I put my IQ120 in a large ziplok bag (upside down so the wires and hose come out of the bottom) and use one of those big black paper clips to grab the bag and the IQ120's rope, then hang it on the shelf of my Keg.  The bottom of the bag is fully open so the air can flow in.  Has worked really well so far.

As for the electrical wire, I an outdoor junction box that I use for christmas lights.  The outlets are well protected against the weather.  It also acts as an extension cord to an outlet inside the house.

I have extension cords running to--- 4 pedistal  fans that i keep bags over when not in use---to a Traeger smoker that i do not use--to two fountains-- and to an overhead fan---and overhead LED lighting. I have never had any problems at all. This is all exposed to the rain, I would not recomed nesecerarily   handling the plugs in the rain but I have yet to get a shock. One of those cords has been outdoors for ten years. These are the green ones that Home Depot sells for orniments and outdoor use.

I would be concerened about getting my Auber wet or the Maverick though. I have seen posts where people use zip locks and CC says he keeps his in a Tuppreware with a hole for the probes and the AC in.

OK, so basically silly then.  The all-weather chrismas light extension cords/junction boxes seems like a good idea, as does the box and bag to hold the electronics and blower (of course).  Thanks for the ideas.