ccburke

First Vision Kamado Cook

I bought a Vision Classic at Costco last week, and this weekend finally got to fire it up. I had an 8 lbs roaster chicken, rubber under the skin with garlic, rosemary, thyme and olive oil, and roasted it at 375. I used some cherry wood chunks, and took it until the thighs were at 175.

The chicken was amazing. Probably the most moist chicken breast I've ever had, and the dark meat was perfect as well. I was also very impressed with the ability of the Vision to come up to temp easily and hold it with minimal effort.

I'm very impressed, and appreciate this forum for the tips/techniques in using the Vision. I also got it up to about 600 tonight to sear some fresh tuna steaks my boss caught this weekend. 90 seconds on each side and they were perfect. 

For $300 at Costco, the Vision is worth every penny. I just need to remember to take pictures next time. 

very nice!  So how'd you get the Vision for $300?  Was it in the scratch and dent section or something?  I see it listed at $650 on their site.

Costco is heavily discounting them ahead of winter

Guest waldo

They do not discount them on the website. They do in the local stores for seasonal items.

If you really want one, you'll need to call around to all the Costcos within your shopping range. Stores are selling out fast at the bargain price.  Ask for an inventory check and price on either the Vision grill or Phase 2 grill (they may be listed by either name).