Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Steve

Vision Grill deflector/lava stone & bracket now available

29 posts in this topic

I want to let Vision Grill owners know that the VG heat deflector/lava cooking stone and bracket are now available.  I just bought mine at homedepot and got free shipping on the deal.   These things have been out of stock for a long time and are now back.   It's now a toss up, low and slow or pizza cook on the stone's first cook???????

You will want to use the deflector stone in the grill--not as a pizza stone unless you want a black crust. The best place for a pizza in the vision is on the top rack on a pizza stone. The deflector stone is a little small for a pizza unless it is an individual pizza.

keyfin likes this

Big Steve,

Thanks for the heads up that the deflector stone was back in stock. Just finished placing my order.

Big Steve,

Thanks for the heads up that the deflector stone was back in stock. Just finished placing my order.

Greetings mdfifi and welcome to the forum. Please stop by the Introductions forum and introduce yourself.

Thanks, had forgotten about that. Contacted Vision awhile back, and they said it would be in stock on August 9th. Right on time!

You will want to use the deflector stone in the grill--not as a pizza stone unless you want a black crust. The best place for a pizza in the vision is on the top rack on a pizza stone. The deflector stone is a little small for a pizza unless it is an individual pizza.

Thanks BSA.  I would never, ever cook a pizza on the stone in the heat deflector position.  Just like I'd never, ever (again) cook baby back 3-2-1 at 275 degrees.  :shock:  I'll be sure to move it to the top rack, or just leave it in place and toss a pizza stone on the top rack. 

I leave it in place and use a pizza stone on the top rack. Let the pizza stone heat up with the grill. Makes a great crispy crust.

Big Steve likes this

Mine showed up at the front door today from Home Depot. This a serious piece of rock. The instructions are printed on the inside of the box so don't just toss it.

My bracket after less than a year has rusted a decent amount. I saw someone else made one out of some SS strips they found at a big box hardware store. I may go that route or get the ceramic grill store's spider. 

My vision grill stone arrived according to Mrs. Big Steve.  Currently I'm out of town and away from my Vision Grill Classic.  When I return home on Monday night a brisket is hitting the grate for overnight cook with the stone in place.

Good luck on the brisket big Steve , I second that cook when I receive mine. It's one of my favorites and I'm yet to cook one on the kamado.