• Similar Content

• By Antonio
      I am looking to buy a Kamado Grill/Smoker I am looking for advice from people that have actually purchased and used one. I am also looking to buy one reasonably priced, Best Bang for the Buck.  I really like the Kamado Joe but they are definitely a bit pricey. So all advice from experienced Kamado buyers and users are appreciated  

Thank you
      Anthony
    • By Lydia
      When I was first looking into getting a Kamado, the guy at BBQ's Galore shop was listing off all the things that a Kamado could do, and the final thing he mentioned was Tandoor. SOLD! Ever since then, I've been wanting to make this dish, and the July challenge was the perfect opportunity.

Tandoori Chicken

The smell of this marinade was incredible.  I will definitely be making this again on a  regular basis. Absolutely delicious!  I don't know what else I'm going to use that massive bag of chilli powder for!! 

1 kg skinless, boneless chicken thighs
      1/2 cup plain yoghurt
      juice of one lime
      1 tablespoon garam Masala
      1/2 tablespoon ginger powder
      1/2 tablespoon kashmiri chilli powder
      1/2 tablespoon methi (fenugreek leaves)
      1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
      4 cloves garlic, minced
      grated fresh ginger, approx 1/2 Tablespoon once grated
      1/2 Tablespoon salt
      1/4 teaspoon red food colouring (optional) - you will notice in the photo of the ingredients, that I bought a packet of this but decided against using it.  When I looked up what food colour 124 was and found out that it's made from synthetic coal tar ,  I chose to leave it out.  Therein is the beauty of making things from scratch - you have the power to choose what goes in and what doesn't. 

Basically, i mixed together all the marinade ingredients, and cut some deep slashes in the thighs so that the marinade could penetrate the chicken, mixed together and refrigerated for a few hours.

by the time the marinading was done, it was pretty dark outside.

I fired her up and the smell emanating from this chicken is something everyone should experience coming from their Kamado at some point in their lives.

The perfect accompaniment for the chicken is  a cucumber and herb yoghurt sauce.

Raita

1 cup plain yoghurt
      1 lebanese cucumber peeled, de-seeded and finely chopped
      1 clove of garlic minced
      juice of half a lime
      a big bunch of mint and coriander finely chopped
      small grating of fresh ginger for a bit of warmth
      salt to taste

this is a pic of the amount of herbs that went in to this tasty sauce.

This was the first time ever that my husband and I ate a whole kg of chicken in one sitting!  LOL ... he said "i just can.not stop eating this". ha haaa

The next time I make this, I will take it to the next level by making my own garam masala spice blend. I can't wait because I'm sure it will be mind-blowing.

Garam Masala Spice Blend recipe by Vijaya Selvaraju

2 tablespoons cumin seeds
      2 tablespoons coriander seeds
      2 teaspoons black pepper corns
      1 star anise
      1/4 of a whole nutmeg
      10 green cardamon pods
      1 stick cinnamon

don't toast the spices. Just whiz them up in a spice grinder and store in fridge or freezer.

The money shot was supposed to include slices of cucumber but I couldn't control myself and started eating this before setting it up properly. ha haaa!!

• By LittlebBigJoe
      Starting out the day with a little morning Joe! Always fun to get the grill up and going before daybreak. Would love to see photos of others having Joe mornings!

• By Daphnechencho
      Hi, everyone, I am new here and my name is Daphne.I have been a BBQ lover for almost fifteen years , and how about you?
    • By SailorDan
      I really enjoy my Traeger and plan to keep it, but I need a grill.  Is a kamado type grill overkill?

I'm primarily looking for higher heat and the ability to sear.  Despite the convenience of gas, I'm leaning towards charcoal for higher heat and the "fire" experience.

I don't need the low slow capability of the kamado grill, but they are catching my fancy more than a charcoal kettle grill.  I'm thinking about Costco's Pit Boss.

Should I just save $400 and get a Webber kettle?  Or is a kamado an experience not to be missed?

Thoughts?