Hello! New Vision Kamado Classic B owner - Marietta, GA (metro ATL)

kalymnos76

Hello dear fellow Kamado fanatics!  I just purchased last week my Vision Kamado Classic B model.  I have been looking at these things for over a year and finally took the plunge and bought one.  First thing I made one them was souvlakia (Greek for "little skewers" - pork kabobs) they turned out very moist and delicious.  My entire family was very impressed with them and I can not wait to get the plate setter and do some indirect BBQing on it.  I am really going to love this grill.  Also I really appreciate everyone's responses to my post about what the best way is to go about cleaning the ashes from the grill.  Turns out that we just lifted the metal grate, pushed all the ashes towards the lower vent opening and just dug them out with one of my kid's little sand shovel toys (until I get an ash tool - I guess I will use that).  It was not hard at all.  Shop vac idea sounds very good as well.

Anyway here are my first two pics! 

post-3309-0-44890400-1376847905.jpg

post-3309-0-06657400-1376847909.jpg

Welcome! Your method for cleaning out the Vision is essentially the way I do it. My 11 year old son found a piece of steel rod the he bent the tip in way way that makes it a good scoop. I go through the charcoal in the box and try to sift out everything that's bigger than a dime or so, then let everything else go down. The kid takes his scoop and scoops it out through the front vent.

The one thing I do now for real long cooks like a pork shoulder is I place a 9" bbq grate on top if the charcoal grate befor adding charcoal. It allows better air flow and makes it easy go keep the temps low.

Welcome! Your method for cleaning out the Vision is essentially the way I do it. My 11 year old son found a piece of steel rod the he bent the tip in way way that makes it a good scoop. I go through the charcoal in the box and try to sift out everything that's bigger than a dime or so, then let everything else go down. The kid takes his scoop and scoops it out through the front vent.

The one thing I do now for real long cooks like a pork shoulder is I place a 9" bbq grate on top if the charcoal grate befor adding charcoal. It allows better air flow and makes it easy go keep the temps low.

Thank you Ross!