Remington Wireless Smoker Thermometer Set

I got mine today. It is definitely a rebranded Maverick ET732, for significantly less money. Maverick handles service/warranty issues. The model# is ETREM732. The warranty period is 90 days. Replacement probes are $20 each or $33 for the set. I'm looking forward to putting it into action.

-AD

I got mine today. It is definitely a rebranded Maverick ET732, for significantly less money. Maverick handles service/warranty issues. The model# is ETREM732. The warranty period is 90 days. Replacement probes are $20 each or $33 for the set. I'm looking forward to putting it into action.

-AD

If you are extra careful handling the probes they should last a good while.

Don't kink the wire.

Don't go over 550* or so.

Hand wash carefully, probe end only.

Treat the probes with kid gloves for a long life.

Nobody gets to touch the maverick except me unless they are watching the monitor. :lol:

I use the "I paid for it, you pay to replace it if something happens to it while you're responsible" policy. I was recently told that this would come out of the joint account anyways and my girlfriend has been using it. I just hope it doesn't fail on me before an important cook

• 4 weeks later...

-AD

What was the price you paid for it and where did you get it?  Anyone have experience with this http://www.amazon.com/Oregon-Scientific-AW131BLR-Wireless-Thermometer/dp/B000RL2ZGO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379558304&sr=8-1&keywords=oregon+scientific+bbq+thermometer

^ I don't have any experience with it, but that Oregon Scientific unit is only a single probe thermometer.

The thermometer being discussed has two probes, one for monitoring cooker temperature and another for food temperature. The ET-732 is available under several different brands, there's the 'regular' Maverick-branded version, a Grill Grate version, a Big Green Egg version, a Remington version, and a Char-Griller version (and probably others I'm forgetting).

They're all the same thermometer, made by Maverick. The Remington and Char-Griller versions can generally be had for a bit cheaper than the others (mind the shipping charges).

^ I don't have any experience with it, but that Oregon Scientific unit is only a single probe thermometer.

The thermometer being discussed has two probes, one for monitoring cooker temperature and another for food temperature. The ET-732 is available under several different brands, there's the 'regular' Maverick-branded version, a Grill Grate version, a Big Green Egg version, a Remington version, and a Char-Griller version (and probably others I'm forgetting).

They're all the same thermometer, made by Maverick. The Remington and Char-Griller versions can generally be had for a bit cheaper than the others (mind the shipping charges).

Lol, the big green egg version is 25% more money than the maverick!

I like the big green egg grill but their prices ate jacked so they can suck it. Sad part is, I bet zillions of people would buy it for more $$ because it says BGE on it.

I have the Oregon Scientific and love it. You do have to load the batteries into one part before the other to make it work right but other than that it has been great. I wish they made a dual probe and told them as much. Can't understand why they don't. Ken K a moderator over on the Primo forum has 2 of the Oregon Scientific and last I knew was very happy with them.