My favourite rack of lamb recipe

Zukatah

It was in the recipe book from my Weber Genesis from over 10 years go. It's always a hit, very easy to make and superb results every time!

RACK OF LAMB

Direct/Medium then Indirect

2 racks of lamb, 450g to 680g each

1 cup fresh bread crumbs

1/4 cup snipped parsley

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

2 tablespoons Dijon mustard

2 tablespoons melted butter

1 clove garlic, crushed

In a small bowl combine the bread crumbs,parsley, salt and pepper.

Cook lamb racks, fat side down, over Direct/Medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from grill.

Spread 1 tablespoon of the mustard over each lamb rack.

Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture evenly over the lamb racks. Combine melted butter and garlic and drizzle on top. Continue cooking using the Indirect setting for about 25 minutes for medium rare or until cooked to your liking.

The key thing to remember is to foil the bones so you you don't end up with a not-so-nice presentation. Apart from that, it's idiot-proof! Cook to your liking. I like my meat rare to medium rare, so just shoot for that. I like wrapping in foil after cooking to let it rest for about 15 minutes. 

One last thing: lamb is a bit fatty, so don't be shy if you want to trim your racks before you put them on the grill. It'd be a wise idea to use a drip pan to avoid a messy firebox.