Sign in to follow this  
Zukatah

My favourite rack of lamb recipe

It was in the recipe book from my Weber Genesis from over 10 years go. It's always a hit, very easy to make and superb results every time!

RACK OF LAMB

Direct/Medium then Indirect

2 racks of lamb, 450g to 680g each

1 cup fresh bread crumbs

1/4 cup snipped parsley

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

2 tablespoons Dijon mustard

2 tablespoons melted butter

1 clove garlic, crushed

In a small bowl combine the bread crumbs,parsley, salt and pepper.

Cook lamb racks, fat side down, over Direct/Medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from grill.

Spread 1 tablespoon of the mustard over each lamb rack.

Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture evenly over the lamb racks. Combine melted butter and garlic and drizzle on top. Continue cooking using the Indirect setting for about 25 minutes for medium rare or until cooked to your liking.

The key thing to remember is to foil the bones so you you don't end up with a not-so-nice presentation. Apart from that, it's idiot-proof! Cook to your liking. I like my meat rare to medium rare, so just shoot for that. I like wrapping in foil after cooking to let it rest for about 15 minutes. 

One last thing: lamb is a bit fatty, so don't be shy if you want to trim your racks before you put them on the grill. It'd be a wise idea to use a drip pan to avoid a messy firebox. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By PeteHr
      Todays cook was Lamb Shoulder with Boulangere Potatoes....

A nice half-shoulder of Lamb seasoned with OVO, finely chopped fresh Rosemary, Smoked Paprika, Salt and Pepper:

For the Boulangere layers of thinly sliced waxy potatoes (I used Desiree) and onions seasoned with Salt, Pepper and fresh Thyme leaves. Then 1 pint of chicken stock:

Set the Monolith up for indirect cooking and then put the potatoes on the upper rack with the lamb on the extender rack directly above:
      coo

Let this cook gently at 280F for about 3.5 hours when hunger got the better of me ! :

And on to the table:

End result was melt-in-the-mouth lamb and lovely soft potatoes with a (partially) crispy layer on top. Really, really tasty - the best Boulangere  I've ever cooked - but then I guess it should be with all those lovely lamb drippings basting it !  Served with simple steamed green beans - nothing else needed !!
    • By PeteHr
      The weather was lovely this weekend so it was definitely a grilling weekend...

Saturday I did my first attempt at Turkish Pide bread. This is how it looked just before putting on a pizza stone in the grill:

The black seeds are Nigella seeds which impart a very unique (and very nice) flavour. I often use them with rice. But anyway, after about 20 minutes at 220C:

Overall I was very pleased with the results, although the bottom could have been a bit crisper (I think I should have let the pizza stone heat up more - despite what the recipe said....)

While this was cooling down a bit half of it got eaten but did some Chicken supremes which had been in a piri-piri based marinade all day, and once they were done some olive oil brushed aubergine slices:

Really good chicken - I love piri-piri !  Pide was definitely better when really warm - just needs 10 minutes to cool slightly...

Sunday I did leg of lamb. Firstly I made deep slits into the flesh of the lamb and then made a marinade paste of EVO, lemon juice, garlic, fresh parsley and oregano, seasoning, and anchovy fillets (with the olive oil from the tin). This had about 6 hours marinating then into a hot (220C) grill and then closed the vents down to let cool down to about 180C. Basted a few times with the drippings then after about 1.5 hours this is what it looked like:

Removed the meat and covered with foil to rest while I got the cast iron griddle out and got the temperature back up so the griddle was nicely hot. Then griddled some previously part cooked (steamed) carrots and asparagus which had been dressed with EVO:

Then while I kept this little lot warm in the gasser (it does have it's uses....) griddled some Aubergine which had been brushed with EVO:

Served with some super fresh Cornish new potatoes (not pictured). Everything was really lovely - but the real star of the show was the Lamb. It had a real depth of flavour - I've used Anchovies with Lamb before but not in a marinade - but they really do work....  Will definitely do this again !!!

• By DerHusker
      As we all know, our very own keeperovdeflame “loves Lamb Shanks and he cannot lie”. Of his many lamb shank cooks was this one, “Braised Lamb Shanks (Kokkinisto me Manestra)” that I’m presenting my version of as my Copycat Challenge Entry.

Here a link to his original cook thread: https://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/16997-braised-lamb-shanks-kokkinisto-me-manestra/?tab=comments#comment-211730

Here are most of the ingredients:

Keeper posted the full recipe (for 6 shanks) and reduced the amounts down for 2 shanks. I ended up cooking 3 so I cut it back to what I thought would work for three shanks. Here are the amounts I used: (See recipe in keeper's thread for full recipe) 

Spice Rub:
       1 1/2 tsp ground allspice,
      1 1/2 tsp ground toasted cumin
      1 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
      1 1/2 tsp Spanish smoked sweet paprika
      1 1/2 tsp garlic powder. 
      1 tsp ground cinnamon

I applied the rub to the shanks.

I them wrapped them with cling wrap and refrigerated for 4 hours. 

Here are the ingredients for the braising liquid and the veggies that went in with the shanks. (Not shown are the Rosemary and the Thyme)

Ingredient list:
      3 lamb shanks
      sea salt / fresh ground pepper
      1/8 cup virgin olive oil
      2 yellow onions quartered
      1 whole garlic clove pealed and separated into individual cloves
      11/2 cup dry red wine
      1/4 cup tomato paste ( I didn’t have any paste so I used some diced tomatoes)
      4 bay leaves
      6 inch sprig rosemary
      8 sprigs fresh thyme

I don’t have a CI braiser like keeper does so I picked out a an 11" heavy bottom SS skillet I had. After the 4 hours, I started out by placing in a bed of sliced onions.

I poured in the OO and placed the shanks on top of the onions.

Keeper browned his shanks in a CI skillet and then transferred them over to his braiser. I decided to brown / roast my shanks in the skillet on my Weber OTS for 30 minutes at approximately 450 degrees.

After the 30 minutes were up I moved the skillet over to my preheated (to 210 degrees) Primo. I added the braising liquid, the veggies and the herbs

and covered with the lid.

I let this slow braise for 2 1/2 hours and then check it for tenderness.

It was ready for the next stage so I removed the lid and turned the shanks over and opened up the vents.

I took the heat up to 350

and let them cook for approximately another 30 minutes (or until it’s fork tender) turning every 10 minutes. I also made some mashed potatoes and steamed some carrots while this was happening.

Once they were fork tender I removed the shanks to a bowl and reduced the sauce a little to thicken it up.

While the sauce was thickening I broke out some good Cabernet Sauvignon

and put together my place setting. Here it is plated.

Here’s a few more shots. Shank with some meat removed.

Fork Shot.

The "OMG That was good Shot!"

Wow! I now know why keeper loves them.  

Thanks for looking.
    • By ClayB
      Tossed a little something for supper tonight. I had a drenched rack of lamb and timing was just right. 
      Speinkled with salt and pepper then I made a marinade of Dijon, thyme, rosemary, 
      Parsley, garlic and olive oil. Rubbed this paste and let sit in fridge for a couple of hours. 
      Pulled from fridge and let come to room temp.....about an hour. 
      Cooked on my Vision at 400 direct heat for about 8-10 minutes turning once. 
      The. I inserted my deflector and finished at 375 until it reached 145....medium rare. 

• By philpom
      Snagged these nice chops the other day and shipped them up for dinner.  Simple salt and pepper.  Everyone enjoyed them!