Question to grill grate owners

I bought them originally to use on my Vision, but didn't use them much.  After getting the Primo, I didn't use them at all.  These days, about the only time I use them is on the Weber kettle for really hot finishing sear, or for fish.

I use mine every time I want to sear something and put nice fat sear marks on the meat.  I use the GrillGrates because of that and because it gives me a nice even heating surface.  The material they are made from conducts heat very nicely and evenly and I don't have to worry about hot/cold spots.  I use them on my kettle grill and on my kamados.  I haven't found a grilling/searing surface I like better.  

They are great I used them on the akorn and webber kettle often but since I got my primo I don't use them at all since I am able to lower the grate closer to the coals to get a good sear. They are awesome you won't regret buying them

Jrow

• 2 weeks later...

I loved the raised rail side for chix, fish, and veggies. I use the flat side for searing steaks. I use mine regularly. I need to cut off my corners so I can fit 3 panels on my Vision, can fit 3 on the weber 22, bought before the ones with already cut ones became available. Think of these as another tool in your arsenal, they will get used.