Cookbook Section with Monthly Recipe Group Cooks?

Cookbook / Group Recipe Cook Section?  

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Greetings Gurus...

After some recent discussion about Adam Perry Lang's Serious BBQ cookbook, I thought about the possibility of having a forum section here on the site dedicated to specific bbq and grilling cookbooks.  These sections could be used to discuss recipes and even to hold group cooks where a group of people cook a specific recipe and then share their results via posts that might include photos and/or video of the cooking experience.  I'd like to get your response in this poll to see if there is enough interest in doing this before I proceed.  If there is enough interest in the idea, I would then be asking for volunteers to lead group discussion and cooks from their chosen specific cookbook.  

If you have any questions or comments about this idea, please post them here...

Thanks!

Heck yeah! I grill all year round, no weather is gonna stop me from firing up the kamado! I'd like to do what I can to help out with this for sure! I don't have any cookbooks like these but I can follow a recipe posted up and share the results of my cook no problem.

Sounds like a super idea, but is heading into fall and winter the right time of year to start?

I know northern U.S. and Canadian Gurus are tough, but they can have days when even the hardiest don't want to be outside.

It's probably not the best time of year to start but I believe the active memebers here are year-round grillers :)

If we are going to do this we would need at least one or two more cookbooks chosen and at least one person for each of them to lead those cookbook discussion and cooks...

I saw a Paul Kirk Championship BBQ book on sale at Cracker Barrel last time I was there. I would be willing to pick that up and give it a whirl if needed.

Chow has run a successful cookbook of the month discussion for quite a while. That probably wouldn't work here, though - how many BBQ cookbooks worth owning are there, and how many does one person need?

A recipe of the month might work, though. Potentially you could do more than one recipe from the same book, though it would probably be best to space them apart. You could also source them from elsewhere, such as websites, or even member-submitted recipes. How would the recipes be selected, keep a sticky with nominations?

Chow has run a successful cookbook of the month discussion for quite a while. That probably wouldn't work here, though - how many BBQ cookbooks worth owning are there, and how many does one person need?

A recipe of the month might work, though. Potentially you could do more than one recipe from the same book, though it would probably be best to space them apart. You could also source them from elsewhere, such as websites, or even member-submitted recipes. How would the recipes be selected, keep a sticky with nominations?

Not sure exactly how i would do it yet. I might just start a section on the serious bbq book and see if its successful. If i cn mke the one work then i could lookmat expanding a litle later.

I will probably pick recipes from the book at random moving to a different section of the book each month...