Cookbook Section with Monthly Recipe Group Cooks?

Cookbook / Group Recipe Cook Section?  

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why not just make it a general cookbooks forum, with the current CotM threads as stickies?

That's not a bad idea.  I would want to get some other people interested in leading cooks in various cookbooks.  I'll look into this idea some later this evening and see what I might be able to come up with.  

I am a big fan of recipes that have been "field tested". Also a fan of keeping things simple so I submit we stick to recipes that are just that-no unique techniques, special ingredients, special grill accessories etc.

I like that too but I'd also like to have a mix.  I'd love to have another person (or multiple people) step up to do just this with other cookbooks.  I'm willing to create the forum for any cookbook that has someone dedicated to leading it.

I still think that having a separate forum for each cookbook is overkill. A single thread for each cookbook would probably be enough. Make a good, informative introductory post for each cookbook, and if you want to have a monthly selection from the book singled out for discussion, edit the OP to highlight it and bump the thread.

Yet you apparently think there's enough interest to keep Serious BBQ as a separate forum? I could maybe understand having a dedicated cookbooks forum, but not a whole forum dedicated to a single book. Frankly, though, even a dedicated cookbooks forum might be a stretch. If all you really want is to feature & discuss a single cookbook now and then, a sticky at the top of Cooking With Fire would probably suffice.

Kinda silly to put size XL clothes on a baby, it's usually better to start with the baby sizes and hold off on the big stuff until it grows a little more. :)

Living in So-Cal I can grill year round.   

I think this is a great idea.   I feel that a separate forum is needed to give this a chance to grow and actually survive.  A single thread will end up having so many cross discussions that it will become a mess.

Now I really need to get this book.

I really like the idea. I'd like to see how different recipes end up looking with different people cooking them. This may have already been answered but I haven't been keeping up with the thread, would we all have to buy the same cookbook so we can follow the same recipe?

Basically yes. All the people post in that one recipe thread so it's easy to follow along.

Check it out. There are already a few multi people threads in the APL Serious Barbecue forum