Apple or cherry wood chunks

Billc

Just checked their website and a 15lb bag would cost me $154.00 to ship to Canada. A total of $175.00. That would be some expensive wood. Lol

Heck, you should be able to get Maple Chunks there.  LIke I knew you live in Canada.  It still cost me $19.95 + shipping.

Just did some quick math , cherry weighs approx. 3lbs/ bdft. , so a 15lb bag is about 5 bdft. approx. , then looked into buying just the wood at retail ( not home depot ,lowes etc.) but from a hardwood supplier and to buy common (as in knots etc ) lumber would be about 3.50 bdft. which then is about 17.50 for 5 bdft. or 15lbs. So if is the case find a local hardwood supplier , you can then buy a plank and cut it how you would like it for the same cost approx. But better yet find a mill or millwork shop that will almost give it to you for free.

Western wood is pretty widely available around here.. 

As for the seasoned un seasoned argument, curious as how it applies to a Kamado.. Most times you see folks using un seasoned fruit woods its in a stick burner with a really hot small fire.. I have seen on some different boards where cherry is a bad unseasoned wood.. 

I have one experience with un seasoned cherry, a pig roast a buddy did.. He had a large wood fired pig roaster.. Moisture was great, tenderness was perfect but it tasted like a campfire..