John Setzler

September 2013 - Pork Tenderloins Glazed with Peach Preserves and Rosemary

Serious Barbecue - Adam Perry Lang

Pork Tenderloins Glazed with Peach Preserves and Rosemary

Pages 52-53

Recipe also available on Adam Perry Lang's Website:  CLICK HERE!

This month's (September 2013) main cook from Adam Perry Lang's Serious Barbecue book will be this wonderful sounding Pork Tenderloin recipe.  

Please post your discussion and results along with photos if possible in this thread!

Work is getting in the way of BBQ.  On the other hand having a BBQ project gives me something to look forward to to get through the work shifts.  A pork loin will be a nice change of pace.  I explained the KG Book Club and Cooking Group and the Wife just looked at me and said "Yummy".  She happy to not cook and looks forward to some killer food.  The pressure's on fellas....

All pics seem to be in reverse order

Here is my cook of this fantastic recipe. In the fourth picture you have the gratuitous cookbook shot with the finish glaze. I ended using apricot preserve since I forgot the peach preserve when buying for this and the APL BBQ sauce, need more apricot now. Second and third pic at during the glazing stage, one pic of each loin. The first pick is the grill shot

post-2764-0-15887000-1378876269_thumb.jp

post-2764-0-70187800-1378876643_thumb.jp

post-2764-0-60959100-1378880968_thumb.jp

post-2764-0-75416200-1378881128_thumb.jp

Looks great, I'm trying this weekend

Brine the tenderloins over night, less work the next day. I brined mine for 6+ hours, turned out great, just extra work. I don't think I let mine brown and Sar enough before I started the dredging process. Still one of the juiciest most flavorful pork tenderloins I have cooked. I notice the layers of flavor, great first choice for the section of the forum.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By John Setzler
      This is a recipe from Adam Perry Lang's "Serious Barbecue" book.  

Ingredients:

Brine:   1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes (rehydrated in 2 tablespoons of boiling water) 4 cups peach nectar 2 cups water 1/4 cup kosher salt 1/4 cup brown sugar 4 cloves of garlic, peeled, halved, and finely minced 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper   Seasoning Blend:   2 tablespoons chili powder 2 tablespoons dry mustard 1 tablespoon brown sugar 1 tablespoon garlic salt 1 teaspoon finely ground fresh black pepper 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper   Glaze:   1 cup peach preserves Juice of 1/2 lemon 4 cloves garlic, finely minced 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper 1/4 cup vegetable oil 6 tablespoons melted unsalted butter   Directions:   Mix your brine ingredients and put the pork tenderloins in a ziploc bag with the brine and let marinate for at least two hours and up to overnight.   Setup your grill for two-zone direct and indirect cooking.   Combine your seasoning blend ingredients and use to coat the pork tenderloins liberally.  After coating, let sit for 15 minutes.   Combine the glaze ingredients and put in a flat pan.     Place the tenderloins on the hot side of your grill and move constantly until you start to get a char on the outside.  During this process, roll the tenderloins periodically in the glaze.  Do this 3 or 4 times during the charring process.  Once you have charred the outside sufficiently, move the tenderloins to the indirect side of the grill and cook until you have an internal temperature of 145-150 degrees, basing occasionally with the glaze.  When you reach an internal temp of 145-150 degrees, remove from the grill and rest for about 10 minutes, slice, and serve!
    • By tmac3304
      First post on here and I thought I would share with you guys my APL Serious Barbecue cook. I decided to do the Glazed Pork
      Loin with Cilantro and Garlic which I must say was INCREDIBLE! By far my favorite pork loin I have ever had the pleasure of eating! On this cook, I also decided to do a few of his sides from the Serious Barbecue book as well and chose to do Grilled Corn on the Cob with cilantro pesto (which my wife destroyed!!) and also Grilled Asparagus with Sherry-Shallot Vinaigrette which was also incredible. Im not much of a corn eater but the corn was awesome. The pesto added such a complex and sharp flavor to the corn that we could not put it down! So, without further ado, here are a few pics of my cook. Hope you guys enjoy!
    • By John Setzler
      Hot Wings (pages 274-275) and Blue Cheese Dressing (page 368)

Recipe NOT available on APL's website... Book Only!

Since it's football season and game day food is always a fun project, during October I have also chosen to try Adam Perry Lang's Hot Wings and Blue Cheese Dressing from the Serious Barbecue Cookbook.  

Post your discussion and results along with photos if possible in this thread!

• By John Setzler
      Texas-Style Chili aka Bowl O' Red
      Pages 193-194

Recipe NOT available on APL's website... Book Only!

One of this month's cooks from Adam Perry Lang's Serious Barbecue book will be this awesome looking Texas-style red chili!  I'm a huge fan of chili and I have made a LOT of different recipes with a lot of different ingredients.  This one, as I would expect from APL, uses some different ingredient combinations than I am used to.  Since the weather is cooling off in the Northern hemisphere, I figured a good hearty chili would be a nice cook for the month of October.  Chili like this also has a lot of good uses in other dishes....

Please post your discussion and results along with photos if possible in this thread!