September 2013 - Pork Tenderloins Glazed with Peach Preserves and Rosemary

Today I started this project, so far so good, it is in the refrigerator brining as we speak. The only item I have not found yet is the Fleur de Sel which I will check one more store for if not it won't bother me to cut back on the sodium intake anyway, hopefully will take pictures of the pre-grill and post-grill and post

Edit

I just want to add that I wish I had taken some cooking classes in my younger years, I feel that a lot of this book is above my head but I am giving it my best shot anyways but really reminds me that even though the kamado makes me feel like a master chef in reality I am just a beginner

So dinner is over and I must say it was very good. Wife really liked the sauce. I was able to find the Fleur de Sel and was very pleased with the taste . As far as the cook goes the recipe was very easy to follow and I made only one error and one substitution. When I was putting the dressing together I added the melted butter before I realized it was for basting. The substitution was that I used margarine instead of butter. As far as the grilling went this was my first time using roll on the dressing every couple of minutes so I was a little leery of cooking by time instead of temp. As it turned out it looked to be on the too rare side for wife and it did look raw as we were cutting it but it was so good we managed to eat one whole tenderloin between the two of us. Here are a few pics

post-2186-0-59692600-1379131466_thumb.jp

post-2186-0-60816600-1379131492_thumb.jp

post-2186-0-93814300-1379131514_thumb.jp

post-2186-0-61295900-1379131537_thumb.jp

I ended up making this tonight, and the Family liked it a lot.   I ended up substituting a few things as I did not have them on hand.  Regardless, it came out great.   I did not have enough peach preserves, so I used canned peaches and added some honey and brown sugar.  This was for the sauce.  I did not have the Fleur de Sel either.

I brined the loins for about 6 hours.  

Unfortunately, I did not take any pics during the cook, just the end result. 

The loin on the left came out perfect, a nice medium rare.  The one on the right is more well done the way my Wife and Daughter like their's cooked.

I will be making this again.

Now on to the BBQ Sauce.

post-2570-0-54274100-1379651867.jpg

I really liked this recipe in fact I was forbidden to eat last three pieces so wife could take then to her coworker to taste

I really enjoyed this too.   As we were eating dinner my wife is telling me to make this the next time we have visitors over for dinner.

I cannot wait to try out more recipes from this book.

Made this tonight. It came out fantastic, if I may so myself. The only thing is that when I took it out it was still on the raw side - I had to put it back on the grill for a total of 20 min or so, way more than he recommends. 

But it was soooo tasty. You can really taste the different flavors: the peach within the meat (I only brined it for 3 hours though), the rosemary, the garlic, the rosemary again. I really loved. 

This one is a winner. Tomorrow I am onto another of his recipes. I have folks over, so I hope everything will work out fine. 

Here are some photos: 

4gFB9ke.jpgTSOXqJz.jpgnOhGpKR.jpgT9Koj2B.jpgIsDOomA.jpg

Made this tonight. It came out fantastic, if I may so myself. The only thing is that when I took it out it was still on the raw side - I had to put it back on the grill for a total of 20 min or so, way more than he recommends. 

But it was soooo tasty. You can really taste the different flavors: the peach within the meat (I only brined it for 3 hours though), the rosemary, the garlic, the rosemary again. I really loved. 

This one is a winner. Tomorrow I am onto another of his recipes. I have folks over, so I hope everything will work out fine. 

Here are some photos: 

4gFB9ke.jpgTSOXqJz.jpgnOhGpKR.jpgT9Koj2B.jpgIsDOomA.jpg

Damn, that is beautiful!

I remade it tonight. And you know what? I left it marinade 12 hours vs the 3 hours of the first time I made it, and we all agreed that this time it came out less good than the first time. It was still very good, don't get me wrong: but the meat seemed drier. Go figure!

Still, a very very good dish. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By John Setzler
      This is a recipe from Adam Perry Lang's "Serious Barbecue" book.  

Ingredients:

Brine:   1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes (rehydrated in 2 tablespoons of boiling water) 4 cups peach nectar 2 cups water 1/4 cup kosher salt 1/4 cup brown sugar 4 cloves of garlic, peeled, halved, and finely minced 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper   Seasoning Blend:   2 tablespoons chili powder 2 tablespoons dry mustard 1 tablespoon brown sugar 1 tablespoon garlic salt 1 teaspoon finely ground fresh black pepper 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper   Glaze:   1 cup peach preserves Juice of 1/2 lemon 4 cloves garlic, finely minced 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper 1/4 cup vegetable oil 6 tablespoons melted unsalted butter   Directions:   Mix your brine ingredients and put the pork tenderloins in a ziploc bag with the brine and let marinate for at least two hours and up to overnight.   Setup your grill for two-zone direct and indirect cooking.   Combine your seasoning blend ingredients and use to coat the pork tenderloins liberally.  After coating, let sit for 15 minutes.   Combine the glaze ingredients and put in a flat pan.     Place the tenderloins on the hot side of your grill and move constantly until you start to get a char on the outside.  During this process, roll the tenderloins periodically in the glaze.  Do this 3 or 4 times during the charring process.  Once you have charred the outside sufficiently, move the tenderloins to the indirect side of the grill and cook until you have an internal temperature of 145-150 degrees, basing occasionally with the glaze.  When you reach an internal temp of 145-150 degrees, remove from the grill and rest for about 10 minutes, slice, and serve!
    • By tmac3304
      First post on here and I thought I would share with you guys my APL Serious Barbecue cook. I decided to do the Glazed Pork
      Loin with Cilantro and Garlic which I must say was INCREDIBLE! By far my favorite pork loin I have ever had the pleasure of eating! On this cook, I also decided to do a few of his sides from the Serious Barbecue book as well and chose to do Grilled Corn on the Cob with cilantro pesto (which my wife destroyed!!) and also Grilled Asparagus with Sherry-Shallot Vinaigrette which was also incredible. Im not much of a corn eater but the corn was awesome. The pesto added such a complex and sharp flavor to the corn that we could not put it down! So, without further ado, here are a few pics of my cook. Hope you guys enjoy!
    • By John Setzler
      Serious Barbecue - Adam Perry Lang
      Hot Wings (pages 274-275) and Blue Cheese Dressing (page 368)

Recipe NOT available on APL's website... Book Only!

Since it's football season and game day food is always a fun project, during October I have also chosen to try Adam Perry Lang's Hot Wings and Blue Cheese Dressing from the Serious Barbecue Cookbook.  

Post your discussion and results along with photos if possible in this thread!

• By John Setzler
      Texas-Style Chili aka Bowl O' Red
      Pages 193-194

Recipe NOT available on APL's website... Book Only!

One of this month's cooks from Adam Perry Lang's Serious Barbecue book will be this awesome looking Texas-style red chili!  I'm a huge fan of chili and I have made a LOT of different recipes with a lot of different ingredients.  This one, as I would expect from APL, uses some different ingredient combinations than I am used to.  Since the weather is cooling off in the Northern hemisphere, I figured a good hearty chili would be a nice cook for the month of October.  Chili like this also has a lot of good uses in other dishes....

Please post your discussion and results along with photos if possible in this thread!

• By John Setzler
      APL Barbecue Sauce
      Page 362-363

One of our September 2013 recipes will be the APL BBQ Sauce as described on pages 362-363 of the Serious Barbecue book.   This sauce is described as the 'perfect base' that can be tweaked with the addition of various other ingredients to go along with whatever is being cooked.  

This recipe is available on Adam Perry Lang's website HERE if you would like to have a look at it...

Please post your discussion and results along with photos if possible in this thread!