Remoh

Artisan Bucket Bread

Everyone knows good bread compliments a great cook. Baking Bread can seem intimidating to some folks so, I did some testing and I have this to offer for your Kamado Arsenal. I'll keep this as simple as possible. If you have technical questions please pm me. I just want everyone know you can do this. Artisan Bread is basically just 4 ingredients, salt, flour, water and yeast. You can save this dough in the fridge for 2 weeks. Chop off a piece and put it on the Kamado...

1 TBS Yeast (Fleischmann's or Red Star)

6 & 1/2 cups Bread Flour (I like King Arthur Brand-available at Wal-Mart), you can use all purpose flour decrease water by 1/3 cup

3 & 1/3 cups luke warm water

1 TBS Kosher salt

All you need is a big Tupperware container that can hold 6 quarts, wooden spoon and measuring cup.

DSCN1507_zpse49aa1d1.jpg

Mix water, salt and yeast in tub and blend. Add Flour and mix with spoon.

DSCN1508_zps474bc5b6.jpg

Let stand at room temp for 2 hours

DSCN1511_zps8acfa3bb.jpg

DSCN1512_zpsb433bf27.jpg

This recipe equals 4 #'s . Dust top with flour (So your hands don't stick) grab the dough and pull up and snip a 1 # piece- shape and place on cooker (parchment paper) @ 450* for 30-45 minutes. Wallah

I have an Akorn. I put my pizza stone on the elevated rack. I made a poor man's diffuser. Cake pan with sand.

DSCN1516_zps0949b958.jpg

DSCN1517_zps94aba704.jpg

450* 30-45 minutes

DSCN1521_zps448a3749.jpg

DSCN1522_zps0e56ee51.jpg

Let bread rest 15 minutes and chomp away.

I brushed it with EVOO

DSCN1526_zps4b76917b.jpg

DSCN1523_zps17b47c82.jpg

I like to dip my bread. A Basic bread dip is 2 parts EVOO and 1 part Vinegar. Whatever vinegar you like will work. Sometimes I'll add parmesan cheese and some spices.

Some other photos. If you have questions let me know.

DSCN1531_zpsed1dc786.jpg

The bread looks wonderful. I will try your method next time. I usually put mine in a cast iron dutch oven, but yours seemed to have browned much better.

The bread looks wonderful. I will try your method next time. I usually put mine in a cast iron dutch oven, but yours seemed to have browned much better.

I debated between Dutch and stone. I have cooked a lot in a dutchie. I just thought the convection of the Kamado would be good. It worked out well. The great thing is you can open up the top vent and peek in to check for brownness. .

That bread looks awesome, great job! I've only made bread twice, the first time it came out amazing and the second time not so good and I used the same recipe, not sure what happened. Practice makes perfect so I guess I will try again.

Jrow

Do you ever put anything on top of your bread for seasoning etc?

I have better luck with cheeses on top, Parmesan is my favorite. It bakes up nicely. Sometimes poppy seeds or sesame seeds. I like blending my spices into the dough. Rosemary, garlic cloves, chopped garlic, fennel. You can even blend in some vegetables if you like. Sun Dried tomatoes. Diced fresh Jalapeno's. The sky is the limit. If the dough gets too wet down just blend a little more flour in. This is a good base recipe. You can take it in 1000 different directions.

Some other notes, The dough is easier to handle when it has been refrigerator. Put it in the fridge after it rises. Pull out a hunk/shape and let rest at room temp for 30-90 minutes. This will increase the big holes inside the bread.

Thinking about doing a Rosemary/Garlic clove loaf next