Greek Style roasted lamb

Today I had the day off work, kids back at school Mrs's is working so it was my time to cook up a leg of lamb that just happened to come from Australia ! 

I marinated the lamb with fresh oregano,rosemary thyme, onions and lemon, zest, garlic, smoked paprika, red wine  and a few spices.

Heated the Kamado up to 600f and seared the leg with direct heat for about 5 min each side.

then slow cooked it at 260f for the next 5 or so hours .

The lamb smelt so so good, I then let it rest for 15 or so mins and made a greek salad with tomatoes and lettuce from the garden the olives and onions and fetta i had to buy :( 

that was served with a raisin and pine nut couscous .

will post video soon .

but in the mean time enjoy the photos .

post-2199-0-66646600-1378769554_thumb.jp

Aussie Lamb 

post-2199-0-26025700-1378769693_thumb.jppost-2199-0-93559500-1378769784_thumb.jppost-2199-0-50574300-1378769846_thumb.jp

post-2199-0-05242000-1378770137_thumb.jppost-2199-0-09877200-1378770209_thumb.jp

post-2199-0-62167000-1378770298_thumb.jp

That is truly a beautiful leg of lamb Sir. It looks perfect medium rare, did you pull it at 130 or so or just measure it by the time. Greeks style usually cooks lamb longer which you would think would dry it out but it, in fact, breaks down the connective tissue and makes it super tender. Please give me some details. Again really nice cook. I just love whole roast leg of lamb.

The Australian and NZ lambs can be gamey for the American palate. I find the the domestic lamb (at least what they raise in northern California) to have a much milder flavor and seem to be more tender as well. But that lamb roast looks beautiful. 

Really?

New Zealand lamb is known to be the in the world as so is Australian Grass-fed lamb is much more widely produced in New Zealand and Australia and your chances of getting grass-fed, hormone-free lamb increases when they have come from these countries. Search "Australian lamb", "New Zealand lamb" or "grass-fed lamb" on the internet for names of that produce grass-fed or organically grown lamb.

http://www.newzealand-lamb.com

http://www.straussbrands.com/lamb/lamb-imported.html

The Australian and NZ lambs can be gamey for the American palate. I find the the domestic lamb (at least what they raise in northern California) to have a much milder flavor and seem to be more tender as well. But that lamb roast looks beautiful. 

Really?

New Zealand lamb is known to be the in the world as so is Australian Grass-fed lamb is much more widely produced in New Zealand and Australia and your chances of getting grass-fed, hormone-free lamb increases when they have come from these countries. Search "Australian lamb", "New Zealand lamb" or "grass-fed lamb" on the internet for names of that produce grass-fed or organically grown lamb.

http://www.newzealand-lamb.com

http://www.straussbrands.com/lamb/lamb-imported.html

I prefer free-range lamb myself, but only recommend to those who find the flavor to be gamey to try the North American lamb which is usually milder in flavor. Not saying one is superior to the other. It's really a matter of taste. 

I'm a kamado newbie and haven't tried lamb on the kamado yet, but have a butterflied leg ready to go and will definitely try your recipe.