How do you store all your stuff?

SteveL1

I'm just starting to accumulate a few accessories and already find it to be a challenge storing everything and getting it all out to the BBQ each time I cook. I'm not thinking that keeping my Mavericks outside is a good idea as they could easily walk off on their own and the cold weather that's bound to come wont be good for much of anything.

What's your solution?

I keep my cooking tools, various wire brushes, scraper, heat deflector plate, rib rack, etc...all inside my non-fuctional (hallowed-out) gas grill, it used to be an empty shell as I took all the burners and grills out, but now it's like a storage tool chest.  Keeps it safe from the outside elements.  That propane gas grill never cooked as good as my kamado, but it now serves a real purpose.  ;)

I store some items in a leather storage bench by my back door, a few on the shelves of the retired CG Duo, and some in kitchen, but I am wanting a nice table with cabinets for my Kamado. Although woodworking is not exactly my cup of tea, but I am usually pretty good at figuring things out.....which I hope will be the case for this project!

I have a deck box from Sam's and it holds a lot of stuff. Over all it is a bit cheaply made.

This one on amazon look good but cleaning the top looks like a PITA.

http://www.amazon.com/Suncast-DBW9200-Mocha-Wicker-99-Gallon/dp/B0044V3USU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378813314&sr=8-1&keywords=deck+box

i keep all the electronics ---like probes -- controllers--probe  readers--  fans ---and the  cook log book--- inside the house in a couple of nested cardboard boxes. Need to work on that. i just do not trust the higher level of humidity out side in the rain.

Right now things are scattered all over the house, the shed and the gasser. My girlfriend wants us to get a new patio set along with some couches to put on the deck, we'll see how much space that takes and I'll then get a dedicated storage space for it.

Sounds like most have the same problem I do. I'm going to build a table for the Kamado Joe this winter and will incorporate some storage but really want to find something that can hold the small stuff like thermometers and such that can be carrier in and out of the house each time. No room in the kitchen and the garage is too far away from the BBQ.

I'm just starting to accumulate a few accessories and already find it to be a challenge storing everything and getting it all out to the BBQ each time I cook. I'm not thinking that keeping my Mavericks outside is a good idea as they could easily walk off on their own and the cold weather that's bound to come wont be good for much of anything.

What's your solution?

I had to rent a storage unit lol...no joke! :)