Cedar Plank Salmon~Ginger/Soy

Remoh

Everyone likes this recipe when I prepare it.

Skin on Salmon filets coarse ground salt and pepper, sprinkle with Ginger Powder and soak in Soy Sauce meat side down 1-2 hours. Start at 400*  shut vents don't get below 350*. Cook until flesh separates with poke. I served with wilted greens and mashed taters

DSCN1598_zps33ab986f.jpg

DSCN1602_zps47048acc.jpg

DSCN1603_zps4e273119.jpg

I'm always looking for plank salmon recipes that don't involve sweet, sticky glazes, and his one looks good.  

Thanks Erazoner, you may like Chef Paul's salmon spice, http://www.chefpaul.com/site.php?pageID=286&iteminfo=1&productID=178

McCormick and Durkee/Tones Bros also make a Salmon Spice Blend that are very good also.

Great looking meal!

Did you have a diffuser plate during the cook?  I am new to kamado, and it only makes sense to me that there would be a diffuser plate under the plank, but a lot of recipes and pinterest (my wife's idea) show planks on the main grill with no plate underneath. 

I have been grilling salmon on cedar planks on my gasser for 10 years now.  Looking forward to trying it out on my BKK this afternoon.  I have a nice filet and some soaked planks just waiting!

I use a diffuser. If you look at the pic you will see it. It's a 9"x16"x2" cake pan and I have it 1/2 filled with sand. I think many people put the plank on direct heat.

Thanks.  I'm going to go with my instincts and use a diffuser too.

I think the diffuser helps with the convection and protects my plank. My plank is about 6 years old. It's almost time to replace it. I bought a 6' Cedar fence board (untreated)