16. ckreef

ckreef

17. John Setzler

John Setzler

18. TKOBBQ

TKOBBQ

• Similar Content

• By pittmab
      1kg back ribs from my local butcher, cooked using a modified 3-2-1 method over charcoal and cherry wood. And finished with a Bulleit bourbon glaze.

Really pleased with how these came out, not fall of the bone but tender and juicy just how I like them!

• By Bomb Dog Barbecue
      I have a question for the community about fire construction and how much charcoal I should be using when I set up a cook. I have a KJ Classic III and have been using the SloRoller for all of my low and slow cooks.

On some of my larger cooks (one pork butt, a full brisket, and then two boneless pork shoulders) I have burned through all of my fuel before the cook was done. I filled the standard KJ ash basket with charcoal and then light it up with one KJ firestarter. I was smoking everything at around 250F and followed the heating method described by SmokingDad BBQ on his YouTube channel (it worked well!).

Does anyone have an image of what their charcoal looks like when setting up for a 10lb brisket or pork butt?
    • By LJS
      Hello kamado Peeps.
      This weekend I tried a low and slow smoked roast lamb with a small leg – just for the small family.
      I smoked the 1.2kg pcs for around 3.5 hours, and usually this would have been pulled way before this time to ensure a lovely nice rare finish and maintaining the moisture.
      With this smoke I did not use a water pan on the deflector plate but raised the lamb on the extension grill and placed a small water tray under the lamb with some carrot, garlic, onion and broccolini. I later used this for gravy.
      The lamb was spiced with olive oil and salt and I stuck fresh rosemary and garlic inside the meat.
      The lamb was soft and tasty. I took the gravy and put in into a blender as fine as I could and then simmered a little on the stove, before serving I strained the gravy leaving it smooth and silky. I am so impressed at how good the gravy tasted and some of this over the lamb was the bee’s knees just loved it. I also got a nice smoke taste as I used some pecan wood and the lab showed a good smoke ring.

Next up a review on my cold smoked cheeses......2 weeks to wait 

Keep Smoking

• By LJS
      Hello Kamado Peeps,
      Has ana awesome weekend.
      My friend did a low and slow leg of lamb on the Webber kettle and left it in sauce with the aim of enhancing the gravy. It sure did and pulled apart beautifully on the rolls, he also did not use any wood just natural spices.    
      So I had to do a cook myself. Went to this new meat shop (meat emporium Sydney) and the selection and quality is really good. I walked out over budget and decided to do some pork ribs a monster pcs.
      Spice: Pepper, salt, garlic, mustard, onion, paprika, sugar and cayenne pepper  
      Wood: Cheery and 1pcs pecan
      3 2 1 method – full proof as always, some 5-6 hours later yummy
      Keep smoking ….

• By Tarnation
      Prepped this little half butt for a work Halloween potluck last night, cooking it tonight.  Just a little teaser before I tucked in and put it to bed.