Future: Man Cave Meals

Smart move on Kamado Joe's part.  Your videos are wayyyyy better than the videos Kamado Joe has by the "Grateful Griller".  ManCaveMeals really got me into cooking and I learned so much.  Thanks to you John for your contribution to my dinner table--I'll be following your new venture for sure.  

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Now with the addition of your considerable talents, Kamado Joe becomes a REAL player in the kamado arena.  Watch out BGR and Primo!

I think you deserve all the success that comes your way ... you've worked hard for this and you've earned it. Very, VERY, nicely done, John.  And of course, I'll be following you in every aspect of your new endeavor!  Thanks for all you've done and all you continue to do for us!  KUDOS! This couldn't have happened to a nicer man.

So will you have to shut down the Man Cave Meals videos that you have already made? That was Meat Head's choice--publish a cook book and shut down his whole web site or go with what he has. In his case he chose to keep the Amazin Ribs site.

Actually, he did eventually find a publisher that would let him do both. The book is currently expected to be released in spring 2015. http://www.amazingribs.com/meathead/the_book.html

It sounds promising for you, and I know you have to do what you have to do in the way of Mancave Meals. I'm just a bit perplexed as the KJ's reasoning for shutting down the Mancave videos. The success if MCM was, for the largest part, due to its association with the Chargriller Akorn Grill, a mass produced entry level Kamado that, more than likely, sold more than 10,000 units a year, worldwide. KJ sells several hundred grills per year, but an educated guess says they might do 10% the volume of Chargriller, so it stands to reason you might get 10% the viewing audience of Mancave Meals.

I would think that the smart money would be to let those Akorn Videos continue, and keep attracting a percentage of those several thousand Akorn buyers in the course of a year, and know that KJ will receive a substantial amount of business from these owners down the road, when they decide to upgrade their Kamado, as witnessed time and again here on this forum.

I'm a bit saddened for you John.  Not by your actions but by some of the comments that some people left on the video.  I just hope you dont get down because of them.  Stay the course and keep doing what you're doing as you've shown to be successful at it.  I wish you continued success and longevity on your new endeavour. 

It sounds promising for you, and I know you have to do what you have to do in the way of Mancave Meals. I'm just a bit perplexed as the KJ's reasoning for shutting down the Mancave videos. The success if MCM was, for the largest part, due to its association with the Chargriller Akorn Grill, a mass produced entry level Kamado that, more than likely, sold more than 10,000 units a year, worldwide. KJ sells several hundred grills per year, but an educated guess says they might do 10% the volume of Chargriller, so it stands to reason you might get 10% the viewing audience of Mancave Meals. I would think that the smart money would be to let those Akorn Videos continue, and keep attracting a percentage of those several thousand Akorn buyers in the course of a year, and know that KJ will receive a substantial amount of business from these owners down the road, when they decide to upgrade their Kamado, as witnessed time and again here on this forum.

I don't know about the chargriller numbers but your numbers on KJ sales are WAY  low.  KJ sells a lot more than your chargriller number posted here in a year.