Future: Man Cave Meals

I'm a bit saddened for you John.  Not by your actions but by some of the comments that some people left on the video.  I just hope you dont get down because of them.  Stay the course and keep doing what you're doing as you've shown to be successful at it.  I wish you continued success and longevity on your new endeavour. 

I was prepared for that.  I did lose a bet with my girlfriend on how long it would take the term 'sellout' to come up in a comment :)

I'm a bit saddened for you John.  Not by your actions but by some of the comments that some people left on the video.  I just hope you dont get down because of them.  Stay the course and keep doing what you're doing as you've shown to be successful at it.  I wish you continued success and longevity on your new endeavour. 

I was prepared for that.  I did lose a bet with my girlfriend on how long it would take the term 'sellout' to come up in a comment :)

The biggest critic was a 30 year old video game freak...I'm guessing he hasn't done a hell of a lot to upgrade his career. You made a good decision John, as did Bobby Brennan. It's going to be a win-win for the both of you.

Congratulations and a big thank you John for your success and nobody deserves more other than you. When you you did your last video and I seen you wearing that kamado joe shirt I told my wife, I have feeling John will be working with kamado joe and my wife's words were he should have been working with kamado joe a long time ago:). When I was looking for a grill to purchase at that time I had a beat up weber and didn't know as much as I do now when it comes to grilling. Thanks to your akorn videos all that has changed and I am now the bbq guy of our big family. Kamado joe has proven themselves to be a awesome company that cares about their customers and the way they have been participating in the forum goes a long way. When I bought my primo xl my kamado of choice was a big joe but unfortunately money was an issue then I ran into a good deal with a primo so I pulled the trigger on it, but if money wasn't an issue I would be sitting here sipping on my beer looking at a big joe.

In return for what you have done for the kamado world I will make my next purchase a kamado Joe product:)

business is business. You gotta do what is best for you. Your critics are your key to your success. You'll know if you made the right decision a year from now. I guess what you have built has become a conflict of interest and maybe this site will crash. I have been in food sales most of my life and I have a term "Golden throated pitch man". Lock down your details in a contract. If you don't have anything in writing with specifics, it becomes a leap of faith. God Bless

Congratulations, but what a bittersweet situation. I found your channel, MCM.net, and this site while researching the Akorn. The YouTube content was well put together, informative, and far exceeded the quality of many others out there doing the same thing. While I know you got to do what you got to do in order to make the deal go down, I think it is kind of lame that they would make you take this stuff down but I guess they wouldn't want people seeing the same guy making food of the same quality on a cooker that costs 800 -1000 bucks less than what they offer. I hope you maintain backups of all the content in the event something changes and you can put it back up. Best of luck to you, I hope the new job takes you places you never thought possible.

I'm a bit saddened for you John. Not by your actions but by some of the comments that some people left on the video. I just hope you dont get down because of them. Stay the course and keep doing what you're doing as you've shown to be successful at it. I wish you continued success and longevity on your new endeavour.

John is a work horse and I don't think some negative comments will bring him down, if any thing he will grow stronger from them.

I guess this site will crash. 

Absolutely NOT!  This site stays as is!

Just above pond scum on the evolutionary scale comes the typical blog and youtube commenter, living high of the mould in heir parents' basement. You don't need to look any further than the adulation you deservedly receive here along with the positive comments in response to this latest news. You've made the right move and clearly anyone who thinks this comes anywhere close to "selling out" doesn't know the meaning of the term.  Your videos have always been balanced and, in my opinion, without bias as well as being about the food. I expect no different from now on, just with the KJ equipment being front and center of the cooking experience. I hope this will allow you to take your passionate endeavor to the next level which is going to benefit you and yours as well as all your friends and fans online.  This is a good thing, and anyone casting a negative light on it just wants to see the reaction to their negativity and/or jealousy.

I'm a bit saddened for you John. Not by your actions but by some of the comments that some people left on the video. I just hope you dont get down because of them. Stay the course and keep doing what you're doing as you've shown to be successful at it. I wish you continued success and longevity on your new endeavour.

John is a work horse and I don't think some negative comments will bring him down, if any thing he will grow stronger from them.

Of course it wont affect him. Just wanted to show some more support. :D

Could someone walk this less than techie woman how to download and save the mcm's videos?

I installed this into my Firefox and used it to download the HD videos. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/easy-youtube-video-download/?src=search

Make sure to download the addon that's noted in the description of the addon.  In the "MUST READ" section.

John - don't let a few people ruin your good fortune.  You've given much more than they can ever understand and you've earned all the success you are now reaping.  Those who think you a sellout can't understand the time, effort, and hard cash you've invested in your passion.  Now its time to reap what you've sown.  They, like you, will reap their just rewards. Again, CONGRATS to a very fine man.