Future: Man Cave Meals

You'll do for KJ what Billy Mayes did for Oxiclean. 

Haha, now I'm picturing the first video. John's standing next to his KJ, but when he opens his mouth, it's Billy Mays's voice that comes out: "Hi, John Setzler here with Kamado Joe!" :lol:

Maybe a new "Sham JOE" product line? :)

When I started researching a new grill several years ago, I did what many of you guys might do. I checked out the big box stores, Googled different options, and checked out various forums. I discovered this rapidly growing community of grillers and smokers. John, your series on the Akorn was absolutely the trigger that sent me in a great direction. I bought the grill and have been assembling some great meals for the family ever since.

I subscribed to you channel. I have looked forward to each of your videos. Your work on YouTube, Kamadoguru, and Man Cave Meals has been awesome. Inspirational. You are a lucky man to have been presented with this opportunity. Congratulations and best of luck. I continue to look forward to your future works. 

Now I guess I am going to have to start reassembling my bookmarks, favorites, and subscriptions.

Cheers.

Congrats again John! Your videos and the Kamado Guru forum are what led me to purchase my KJ Classic. I probably never would have made the purchase without them. I had been in the market for a new offset smoker since the one I have is very old and seen it's better days. Once I started looking into a Kamado though, I was sold. I look forward to seeing what you accomplish with KJ and wish you nothing but good luck! KJ is very lucky to have you! 

Jamie

Wishing you the best of luck, John. Like many others, you were a large influence on my Akorn purchase. Not that the other kamados weren't appealing, they were just not in the budget. I hate to see the MCM vids go away as usually they are my "go-to" when ever I'm trying to do a new cook, or looking for an informative/enjoyable video how to. But you can't pass up the opportunity you've been offered.  I would say it would be nice if somebody else took over MCM to keep it going, but it wouldnt be the same, and couldnt have all the old videos of you praising other kamados other than KJ. As long as this forum doesn't change, I think we'll all be fine. I hope making this into more of a "job" doesnt take any fun away from the hobby we know you love. Looking forward to seeing what you can produce from an even more professional standpoint with more financial backing for your creativity. I hope you can remain an active member of this forum and still provide advice/opinions/etc without it interfering with contract.

Holy crap, I go on vacation for a week and I come back to my business not running smoothly, and now I'm so busy I can't see straight and when I do get five minutes to look at this forum John is making a huge announcement that he is shutting down man cave meals. Man, my world is upside down.

Okay, deep breath a little stretching, now a shot of something liquid and strong ....... Ah much better! You know, I think everything will be okay!

When I first started my Komado journey before purchasing my akorn, I learned a lot from man cave meals videos and personally John Setzler! After embarking on buying and using my akorn almost daily, I realize that I'm in love with cooking all over again! Before all of this I really had almost decided to buy a primo XL but the last four years of recession stopped that purchase. After watching John's videos I bought the akorn after sensing John's honesty and integrity and his endorsement of that product. It really is hard to fake those qualities. After watching him upgrade to a Kamado Joe it made me reevaluate my feelings toward the Primo. After seeing the participation of Komado Joe in this forum, I have totally changed my mind on which ceramic I will eventually buy. The big joe is my new dream grill. John, the reason you will succeed in your new role is that people have a sense that they can trust your judgment especially in the matters of cooking and cooking equipment. Furthermore, when watching your videos it's as if I am watching my friend experience cooking and equipment and giving me the best possible advice. That is a testimony to the genuineness you exude. This skill cannot be taught. You either have it, or you don't!

Thank you for all the time and effort you have put into Mancavemeals and I thoroughly wish you the best success in your new career with Komado Joe. I will definitely subscribe to your new channel. Thank you again,

Frank

Cheers to great food,

Frank

That's great news John. The Internet is full negative people who are too worried about what you Miley are up too:-). Regardless of the brand you're cooking your meals on it really doesn't matter. The knowledge and skill you'll be teaching will be applicable across any brand of Kamado. Those people forget that it's all about the food and the passion of the Chef at the helm and not the brand logo on the grill.

That's great news John. The Internet is full negative people who are too worried about what you Miley are up too:-). Regardless of the brand you're cooking your meals on it really doesn't matter. The knowledge and skill you'll be teaching will be applicable across any brand of Kamado. Those people forget that it's all about the food and the passion of the Chef at the helm and not the brand logo on the grill.

Thanks for that.  It was something that needed to be said :)  Grilling and smoking is about applying heat to meat.  There are a lot of different tools to do that.  

John,

I just want to Congratulate you again on this great opportunity!  I know you produced great videos for MCM and that will continue because of the passion you have.   I will be following you on the Kamado Joe channel.   Wishing you the best in everything you do!