Future: Man Cave Meals

John,  you smart little weasel!  Todd and I were just looking for your pork shoulder video and lo and behold, you are turning to the dark side!  Just kidding.  Doesn't everyone wish they could be doing this.  But we will miss being able to pull up your recipes on YouTube without all the advertising that I am sure Joe is going to have.

We will certainly follow along....when I think of all the new grills you are going to be able to get free, it makes me want to be sick!  And be sure to have lots of contests for us so we can win some!  Lucky dog!  Be sure and develop a Texas style chili recipe, O.K.!  No Beans!  Congrats!

I would agree my figures were entirely random and way off, mia culpa.

I would stick to my contention that new Chargriller Akorn owners going on line to search for instructional videos for their cookers would out number the numbers of new KJ users by a ton. I assume Kamado Joe at least helped fund the Greatful Gliller series of videos, which goes by the YouTube Channel name, "Joe Kamado". They managed to attract a whopping 305 subscribers, and I believe the channel has been around much longer than MCM. ManCave Meals has nearly 14,000 subscribers, and I'm guessing a huge percent of them came from the Chargriller camp.

For you people to throw that entire block of subscribers under the bus is not only disrespectful to the Chargiller online community, but just doesn't make good business sense.

Once again you are "way off" Ross. Kamado Joe has NOTHING to do with any Joe Kamado channel on YouTube. Kamado Joe did produce those videos, but not for any YouTube channel. Those videos featuring Michael Shannon (aka The Grateful Griller) are on Kamado Joe's web-site as a tutorial for Kamado Joe owners, and have been viewed thousands and thousands of times. They will soon be replaced with John doing the tutorials. Nobody has been thrown under a bus. The whole thing does make good business sense if you understand business and marketing.

Well, as a buyer, I bought the Chargriller based on expense, found John's video's and like so many others, love them.  Now he's doing Kamado Joe, and now I'm interested in Kamado Joe.  Ross may have his numbers out of whack, but his prinicipal is proven with me.  I think I would have found a way to have the MCM videos edited to lead people to the Kamado Joe.  Chargriller is a great way to get into this style of cooking, but I know the thing won't last.  I've only had mine a couple of weeks and I already want ceramic. 

John, can you get Kamado Joe to put the big wheels on it?  I would also like to see a 20", It would be hard to go down to 18" after the Chargriller, and 24" is more than I need, but that's just my preference.

Point Ross, in book

I would agree my figures were entirely random and way off, mia culpa.

I would stick to my contention that new Chargriller Akorn owners going on line to search for instructional videos for their cookers would out number the numbers of new KJ users by a ton. I assume Kamado Joe at least helped fund the Greatful Gliller series of videos, which goes by the YouTube Channel name, "Joe Kamado". They managed to attract a whopping 305 subscribers, and I believe the channel has been around much longer than MCM. ManCave Meals has nearly 14,000 subscribers, and I'm guessing a huge percent of them came from the Chargriller camp.

For you people to throw that entire block of subscribers under the bus is not only disrespectful to the Chargiller online community, but just doesn't make good business sense.

Once again you are "way off" Ross. Kamado Joe has NOTHING to do with any Joe Kamado channel on YouTube. Kamado Joe did produce those videos, but not for any YouTube channel. Those videos featuring Michael Shannon (aka The Grateful Griller) are on Kamado Joe's web-site as a tutorial for Kamado Joe owners, and have been viewed thousands and thousands of times. They will soon be replaced with John doing the tutorials. Nobody has been thrown under a bus. The whole thing does make good business sense if you understand business and marketing.

Well, as a buyer, I bought the Chargriller based on expense, found John's video's and like so many others, love them.  Now he's doing Kamado Joe, and now I'm interested in Kamado Joe.  Ross may have his numbers out of whack, but his prinicipal is proven with me.  I think I would have found a way to have the MCM videos edited to lead people to the Kamado Joe.  Chargriller is a great way to get into this style of cooking, but I know the thing won't last.  I've only had mine a couple of weeks and I already want ceramic. 

John, can you get Kamado Joe to put the big wheels on it?  I would also like to see a 20", It would be hard to go down to 18" after the Chargriller, and 24" is more than I need, but that's just my preference.

Point Ross, in book

I have always maintained that the Kamado market as far as expansion--- is where I came from. By that I mean the huge group of people who look at it with a bit of bewilderment both at how small they are and how expensive. I still would be using my 52 inch gas grill and turning out seriously good food if Amazon had not put the CharGriller Kamado in my suggestions. In a Amazon review MCM was mentioned and I checked it out. They may have gotten better but I owe a lot of my sucess to Kamado Guru and the sealing techniques listed here. But most of all all the information and help people on this forum provide.

Now after cooking for two seasons on my CGK-- I am looking at the Kamado Joe  or the Primo. This is because I get it now. If Amazon had put the Primo or the Kamado Joe in my suggestions I would have laughed it off--what idiot would spend $1000 to $2,000 on a grill? AND such a small one at that. Besides that I had a hard time getting my wife to agree my spending $300 on the CGK. Now she says any time I want to spend up to $2500 I can go do it. The biggest proof is the food you get  off the Kamado.

The thing is even knowing that there is a real process there---I would want all of my employee's videos to be cooking on my equipment.  I would feel this way even if I understood that because of price a large group of people will never make the switch.  This ignorance as to what a Kamado is and does comes out of not being exposed to them. I am not sure that even doing cooking demos and handing out food will even work---but once you have one and really use it--well as cc says welcome to the addiction. Perhaps free cooking classes where you only pay for the food cost--  with a group of 10 to 20  people on the Kamado or a two week free trial??

Congrats on a dream opportunity. I like KJ for their continous advancement and innovativeness thus gaining more market share. Anyone would kill to be part of a team like that and an excellent choice by them in selecting a perfect candidate. KJ just added one more reason why they excel as opposed to the rest. Hard to believe they are this successful and still in business only selling a few hundred units a year. ;)

Congratulations John.  Man Cave Meals was a wonderful introduction into Kamado cooking.  Your use of the Akorn helped me with the decision to purchase my first Kamodo. ( I was not about to spend the money for the ceramic ones until I had experience with a less expensive one!)

Your MCM videos were well done and I am confident Kamado Joe's will see a jump in sales because of this hire.  I am confident you will be a tremendous asset to them as you assist with the development and promotion of new products.

John,

Totally happy for you. You are one of the reasons I got into BBQ.  Here is the thing though, you have used a host of different cookers that I always reference back to.  Should I just move on and unsubscribe to MCM?  And go to the others that are not limited in what they use?

John,

Totally happy for you. You are one of the reasons I got into BBQ.  Here is the thing though, you have used a host of different cookers that I always reference back to.  Should I just move on and unsubscribe to MCM?  And go to the others that are not limited in what they use?

Unsubscribing from Man Cave Meals would be a good idea because there will be no additional videos added to that channel. As for subscribing to other channels, I highly recommend it but you should base your subscriptions on your like of the types of food being prepared rather than the type of grill in use.  If you are the MASTER of your grill, you can make it do whatever you want and get similar results.  It's not as much about the grill itself as it is the cook who is using it :)  If you want to see a variety of grills in action regularly you will probably need to subscribe to several different channels...

• 2 weeks later...