XXL Egg

Charcoal Addict

So what to do guys think of the XXL Egg?

It's not the first 30 inch Kamado. Komado Kamado has had a 30 inch Kamado for a while now. So I'm a bit confused as to why this is being marketed as an innovation when BGE not the first manufacturer to make a 30 inch Kamado.

I'm also scratching my head on the whole hog claim since a whole hog is longer than 30 inches. I was under the impression a small whole hog is close to six feet in length. Are they taking about a whole cut up into smaller pieces?

It's already being discussed in other threads, primarily this one: http://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/7544-im-a-vision-guy-but-check-out-the-bge-xxl/

This is the first 30" round. KK's is oval-ish, making BGE's the largest surface area. It's a big deal as far as BGE goes because it's their biggest product I don't think they really care about anyone else in the market since they dominate it left right and center.

Definitely a BS comment about whole hog, considering a suckling pig will barely fit in 30" - and I've never heard anyone call a suckling pig "whole hog" before.

• 2 months later...

There is a video out there where a guy smokes a whole young pig on a Weber Smokey Mountain 22".  He has it wrapped around the grill. My guess would be that a slightly bigger pig could be cooked the same way on the XXL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Just saw the XXL last night that dude is a monster. The store wanted 4G for it though. I think you could do laps around it trying to flip stuff over. It is impressive, but I think a Primo XL makes more since to me if I were going big. That thing is a fire pit without the advantage of getting to view the flames while sitting around the fire enjoying some Q and a cold beverage with your buddies.

There is one of these at a hardware store near my house. They want $5K for it. The side tables are made of very thin plastic and not like like the KJ tables. The plate setter is so big that the salesman said it's pretty much a two man job to move it in and out. He went on to talk about how impractical it was and he basically said it's for people with more money than brains that just have to have the biggest of everything.