• Similar Content

• By DerHusker
      I picked up 2 lb. of 98% fat free ground turkey breast the other day.  I made some more of the 4 bean Turkey Chili I made a month ago with it but this time it was virtually free of points. (Only 1 WW Purple point)

I diced up all the onions and peppers, mixed up the spices. Here are most of the ingredients.

1 ½ Tablespoons Olive Oil
      2 lb. Pounds 98/7 Lean Ground Turkey
      ½ Yellow Onion (Diced)
      ½ Red Onion (Diced)
      I Poblano Pepper (Diced)
      1 Red Bell Pepper (Diced)
      1 ½ Teaspoons Minced Garlic
      1 6 Oz. Can Diced Green Chiles
      1 15 Oz. Can Corn
      1 15 Oz. Can Crushed Tomatoes
      1 15 Oz. Can Tomato Sauce
      1 15 Oz. Can Chili Beans
      1 15 Oz. Can Black Beans
      1 15 Oz. Can Dark Red Kidney Beans
      1 15 Oz. Cannellini Beans
      1 15 Oz. Can Chicken Broth
      2 Tbsp. Chili Power
      1 Tsp. Cumin
      ½ Tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
      ½ Tsp. Chipotle Pepper Power
      ½ Tsp. Black Pepper
      ½ Tsp. White Pepper
      ½ Tsp. Salt
      ¼ Tsp. Cinnamon

While I was prepping everything our new dog Lady came in to visit.

I got out my enameled Dutch oven and placed the OO. I put it on the side burner of my Gasser.

I put the Turkey in once it was heated up.

I cooked it until just slightly brown.

Next, I added the Poblano pepper, onions, Bell pepper and garlic. I covered this and cook it for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.

Once the veggies had softened,

I added in the spices and rest of the ingredients.

and mixed everything together.

I brought this to a boil and then covered. I turned the burner to low and let the chili simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Here it is after cooking.

Here it is in a bowl, garnished with onion, cilantro, some lime and some Non-Fat Greek yogurt.

This was delicious and only 1 point per serving. (A serving = 1 cup. This was a large bowl, so it was a double serving so 2 points) Eating like this makes me forget I'm losing weight.

Thanks for looking.
    • By icegrill
      Candied Bourbon Bacon smoked Brownies on the BGE

Candied the bacon with a splash of Bourbon, salt, pepper and brown sugar while I was grilling chicken for the main course. 

I cheated and used boxed brownie mix but used the bacon drippings in place of vegetable oil. Once my chicken cook was done,, I added some apple chips and then I added the brownie mix to my cast iron pan and topped with the candied bacon. 40 mins at 350 with the platesetter in made an awesome crust on the edges and perfectly cooked brownies. 

It was a hit as there is none left

• By philpom
      they've been on for a bit, cruising at 215°f.  Going to finish each one differently but still debating the details.

• By Kamado_Rich
      Ok so I started my first pork butt cook with a pit temp of 275.  It is a 8 pound bone in pork but.  After 2 hours the internal meat temp is already 124!?!  Is this normal?  I was thinking at 275 I was looking at about an hour a pound?  I backed the pit down to 250.  Should I be worried or am I over thinking this?
    • By Tarnation
      Here's my entry for October's PP challenge.  This is actually a double leftover.  I made sloppy joes using leftover pork smoked in my Akorn.  Since that's basically a pp sandwich that will not be my submission.  I decided a pp omelette was the ticket with a Carolina twist BBQ sauce and coleslaw.  It was scrumptious. Chopped Onions, red peppers, green peppers, yellow peppers and a 3 cheese blend rounded out the rest of the ingredients.