Sign in to follow this  
Deslock

Ribeyes & mashed 'taters

The GF made her homemade mashed potatoes, so I figured it was only right o me to provide the entree' for the evening. Ended up grilling up a couple of ribeys with a seasoning I picked up at the meat market; I think they came out alright & haven't heard any complaints yet.  :-D

post-2323-0-33399000-1384904771_thumb.jp

post-2323-0-56264500-1384904830_thumb.jp

post-2323-0-53812100-1384904846_thumb.jp

Great looking meal!! What is GD? You'll have to excuse me for not understanding and I'm sure once you tell me I'll kick myself for not figuring it out

Heh, I think that was #3 & I have no idea how I replaced GF with GD. That's been fixed now, and on that note I'm firing up the Akorn for some burgers while she does fries...will post on that later!

Those steaks look stupid good!  Nothing beats steak and beer.  Have you ever tried cooking ribeyes down and dirty?  I got pretty good at cooking steaks on my Akorn (mine never looked as good as yours!) but then I read about cooking directly on a bed of hardwood lump charcoal and had to try it.  My wife thought I was crazy but then I did it and it was life changing!