Muse

2. TKOBBQ

TKOBBQ

3. Jack.

Jack.

• Similar Content

• By JohnnyAppetizer
      first stop....

we continued in southwardly  direction...

as seen in another  thread

sausage, tom thumbs

• By gander2112
      I got a bonus at work (a lot more than I expected, woot!) and I ordered me a Baking Steel. It is about 1/4" thick plate steel, and it is supposed to be great for making pizza. Tonight I put it to the test.

Grill: Kamado Joe Classic III
      Charcoal: Lazzari Fuel Lump Mesquite (I used to use this when I was a professional chef, cooks clean and HOT)
      Dough: Ken Forbish's Overnight Pizza, from Flour, Water, Salt and Yeast.
      Sauce: fresh Maranzano tomatoes, some EVOO, with salt, pepper, and some basil and oregano.

Topping - Pizza 1: Whole Milk Mozz, Sausage and Pepperoni
      Topping  - Pizza 2: Buffalo Mozz, Proscuitto

Cook temp 650F

The first pizza burnt a bit on the bottom. The steel cooks hotter than a pizza stone, so I am chastised. As a pro, I used to cook in a pizza oven at 625, but it was a standard pizza oven with a refractory brick baking surface. Not ruined, but not perfect.

The second pizza was perfect. After a minute or two on the grill, I added a pizza pan under it to prevent the heat of the steel burning the bottom.

Both pizza's: The crust was chewy, with great open crumb. Cheese melty and delicious, and awesome.

Dinner: Success. 

• By GrillDawg
      Having some guys over on Sunday evening to hang out and I'm wanting to get them all steaks. Would prefer to do some kind of reverse sear.

Since I won't be able to fit them all on the grill, I was thinking put them all in the oven to temp and then sear them. 

Anyone see a flaw in my plan? Any advice on grilling 10-12 steaks on a KJ Classic II?
    • By AK-g
      Im going to try some pork ribs tomorrow, got them in the fridge with the membrane off and the rub on
      I tried them twice in the past on my old offset...first time was rubbish and second time was absolute failure lol.
      This time its on the kamado so hopefully they will come out better :D

Any hints and tips from anyone?
      what about measuring the meat temps?

I will post the outcome
      thanks
          Adam
    • By GrillDawg
      Fired up the Kamado Joe today for some baby back ribs. Followed the video @John Setzler posted on YouTube. My rack ended up being a little smaller than the one in the video so I never quite got the bend test, but these were definitely some of the best ribs I have ever had. Pics below!

Baby Back Ribs
      Rub: A custom one made by Lanes BBQ (a local BBQ place located in Bethlehem, GA). On Father's Day our church gave out a custom rub Lane's made to all the dads. It was great!!
      Sauce: Sweet Baby Ray's diluted with some apple juice
      Cook time: 5ish hours
      Smoked with some cherry blocks

1. Put them on the grill around 12:30PM

2. ~2 hours into cook

3. Profile shot (~3 hours)

4. Gettin' saucy (~4 hours)

5. Nice color and glaze. This was right before I took them off.

6. Plated w/ roasted broccoli and cauliflower plus roll

7. Yessir!

8. Fall off the bone!

9. Gotta shoutout to one of my favorite breweries and they are located 5 min away: Terrapin Beer!

Really enjoyed this cook today. Excited to take the leftovers and make a hash with them in the morning!