Chili in CA

Cgriller64

All this talk about cold weather back east inspired my game day meal. I decided it is chili in CA too. Not sure the forum rules regarding displaying name brands so used the universal fix to hide them.

de1d90bd330e1901d1c890a52e333795_zps2c86

I don't measure ingredients precisely so these are approximations.

1.5 lbs stew meat

1chopped onion

4 cloves garlic minced

2 cans beans

1 can stewed tomatoes

1 can tomato sauce

1 can diced green chili

1 packet chili mix

1 TBS ranch dressing powder

4 TBS chili powder

2 TBS cumin

1 TBS brown sugar

Chipotle powder to taste

Almost forgot.. 1 cup of dry white wine (not pictured)

Mix ingredients together in the pot and place on the smoker until meat is tender.

9560171649034fcf8603f98adecc22b0_zpsa5e9

Add the usual accompaniments and enjoy.

97fe26e764dfdcb787d9e17086aa648e_zps523a

Nice subtle smoke and heat makes this dish delish.

Looking great cGriller64. There has never been any problem presenting photos with the names of national brands here in our site. While I applaud you erring on the side if caution, I would think it's probably not necessary in the future, unless that's just something you feel more comfortable doing.

Looking great cGriller64. There has never been any problem presenting photos with the names of national brands here in our site. While I applaud you erring on the side if caution, I would think it's probably not necessary in the future, unless that's just something you feel more comfortable doing.

That's good to know. I don't have any issue with it but like you said it didn't hurt to err on the side of caution.

Awww, that's tourture!!! Stella is definitely one of my favorites that I can go to just about any decent sized retailer and get. And I'd love to make a pot of chili but I find myself out of ground cumin and don't want to venture out for just that....